Sonic Electronix

so, i just got in my selenium 6w4p's (2 of them) and senenium st200 (also 2 of them). now, as many of you know, they are an 8ohm load. with the 6w4p's, i noticed two POS terminals, and two NEG terminals on each speaker. IF it is possible to drop the load down to 4ohm, that would be GREAT. and also how i should run my speaker wires. since, i have a "mystery amp" (2 channel) that i posted a thread about, trying to get specs on, and coming to a general conclusion that its less than 300 watts.

secondly: the ST200's only have one POS and one NEG terminal on them, if it also possbile to drop them down to 4ohms, that would be great as well.

this is my first pro audio setup :noob: but, im just trying make sure that i do it right, since i paid good money for them.

i have pics, if anybody needs them to help with an answer.

1992 Camry "Stormtrooper"Quantum Audio DVD/USB/AUX 3.5" single din H/UXS D690Cadence 0g wiring and Kicker 4g wiring(2) Selenium 6w4p's(2) Selenium ST200'sKicker 200.4 (mids & highs)(1)Kicker and (2)Stinger RCA'sSecondSkin in trunk and doors12K HIDsMulitcolor Angel EyesSoon to be done:Big 3Mechman H/O Altsubs?amp?

That thing is going to eat people nearby cars, unsecured objects, and small children

Fixed!

wow nice. i wanted nos on my car but the gf said no. i was just gunna do a 50 shot tho haha

Get a new girlfriend.

If you only have 2 of each, you can wire them down to 8 ohms per channel.

How do you plan on hooking the woofers and tweeters on a 2 channel? Do you have some kind of crossover?

Edited by LZTYBRN

so, i just got in my selenium 6w4p's (2 of them) and senenium st200 (also 2 of them). now, as many of you know, they are an 8ohm load. with the 6w4p's, i noticed two POS terminals, and two NEG terminals on each speaker. IF it is possible to drop the load down to 4ohm, that would be GREAT. and also how i should run my speaker wires. since, i have a "mystery amp" (2 channel) that i posted a thread about, trying to get specs on, and coming to a general conclusion that its less than 300 watts.

secondly: the ST200's only have one POS and one NEG terminal on them, if it also possbile to drop them down to 4ohms, that would be great as well.

this is my first pro audio setup :noob: but, im just trying make sure that i do it right, since i paid good money for them.

Yes you can drop the seleniums down to 4 ohms just run pos to pos and neg to neg on each speaker terminal and then from one of the speakers run pos to neg on the amp so i reads them at 4 ohms. As for the tweets if those are 8 ohms as well I believe you can do the same and bring them down to 4 ohms.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

ehh, no crossover for now. and actually, after i posted this, i kinda smacked myself in the face, and decided that i should just run the tweeters only off of them amp. and just have the 6w4p's coming off of the H/U

1992 Camry "Stormtrooper"Quantum Audio DVD/USB/AUX 3.5" single din H/UXS D690Cadence 0g wiring and Kicker 4g wiring(2) Selenium 6w4p's(2) Selenium ST200'sKicker 200.4 (mids & highs)(1)Kicker and (2)Stinger RCA'sSecondSkin in trunk and doors12K HIDsMulitcolor Angel EyesSoon to be done:Big 3Mechman H/O Altsubs?amp?

That thing is going to eat people nearby cars, unsecured objects, and small children

Fixed!

wow nice. i wanted nos on my car but the gf said no. i was just gunna do a 50 shot tho haha

Get a new girlfriend.

Yes you can drop the seleniums down to 4 ohms just run pos to pos and neg to neg on each speaker terminal and then from one of the speakers run pos to neg on the amp so i reads them at 4 ohms. As for the tweets if those are 8 ohms as well I believe you can do the same and bring them down to 4 ohms.

thats EXACTLY how i pictured it, just wanted to double check. i figured thats why they have two terminals each, to bring the load down to 4ohms. just trying to squeeze the power out of this amp that i have

Fixed!

Get a new girlfriend.

If you want woofers on right channel and tweeters on the left...

ehh, no crossover for now. and actually, after i posted this, i kinda smacked myself in the face, and decided that i should just run the tweeters only off of them amp. and just have the 6w4p's coming off of the H/U

If anything I'd do the opposite, probably better to have more power on mids than more power on highs. But in any case you'll still need a way of filtering the frequencies, whether it's through your head unit or some kind of active crossover.

Though I think you'd be much happier if you just got a 4channel amp and set the crossovers on there.

i do plan on getting a new amp. since, i have no clue whatsoever about wattage, ohm stable, brand, any of that. this amp was practically given to me, so im just trying to use it. and also i plan on getting a DD-1 as well. my overal goal is to get the highs, higher, without having to turn my volume all the way up. so, if need be, for now, i can put just the tweets on the amp, and run the mids off of the h/u. but, ideally, what i WANT, is to down the loads down to 4ohm, then run both mids and tweets off of the amp.

now, i know i wont get a great freq since i dont have a crossover for now. but, i do plan on getting a Clarion EQ to help with that. but i dont have a specific freq that i want, i just want the sound to be more crisp without having to keep turning my volume knob.

Fixed!

Get a new girlfriend.

You NEED a crossover for the tweets at least... It's not about getting a "great freq," it's about filtering out unwanted frequencies. You can and probably will damage the tweeters if you don't get one. The mids may be okay without, but they probably won't sound so nice.

And an EQ won't solve the problem at all.

well, not so much as trying to "solve" the problem with an EQ, just that its in the plans. but thats why i am leaning on just running the tweets off the amp, to get the freq right for them. plus, im going to be underpowering them anyways.

Fixed!

Get a new girlfriend.

You NEED a crossover for the tweets at least... It's not about getting a "great freq," it's about filtering out unwanted frequencies. You can and probably will damage the tweeters if you don't get one. The mids may be okay without, but they probably won't sound so nice.

And an EQ won't solve the problem at all.

You dont NEED a crossover, it would be nice to have one but if money is an issue you can purchase bass blockers for the tweeters plain and simple. Plus their cheap you simply connect one end to the pos terminal and the other end attaches to your speaker wire and it will block any unwanted frequencies.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif