Sonic Electronix

You NEED a crossover for the tweets at least... It's not about getting a "great freq," it's about filtering out unwanted frequencies. You can and probably will damage the tweeters if you don't get one. The mids may be okay without, but they probably won't sound so nice.

And an EQ won't solve the problem at all.

You dont NEED a crossover, it would be nice to have one but if money is an issue you can purchase bass blockers for the tweeters plain and simple. Plus their cheap you simply connect one end to the pos terminal and the other end attaches to your speaker wire and it will block any unwanted frequencies.

that sounds just like a crossover. haha or am i way off on that?

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

You NEED a crossover for the tweets at least... It's not about getting a "great freq," it's about filtering out unwanted frequencies. You can and probably will damage the tweeters if you don't get one. The mids may be okay without, but they probably won't sound so nice.

And an EQ won't solve the problem at all.

You dont NEED a crossover, it would be nice to have one but if money is an issue you can purchase bass blockers for the tweeters plain and simple. Plus their cheap you simply connect one end to the pos terminal and the other end attaches to your speaker wire and it will block any unwanted frequencies.

yes, bass blockers were my next purchase. money isnt an ISSUE, just trying to be financially smart, and buy whats needed first. im not trying to wipe out my bank account on everything. but, just trying to utalize what i have, and buy a little at a time. i plan on getting bass blockers, and also some new battery terminals from darvex.

1992 Camry "Stormtrooper"Quantum Audio DVD/USB/AUX 3.5" single din H/UXS D690Cadence 0g wiring and Kicker 4g wiring(2) Selenium 6w4p's(2) Selenium ST200'sKicker 200.4 (mids & highs)(1)Kicker and (2)Stinger RCA'sSecondSkin in trunk and doors12K HIDsMulitcolor Angel EyesSoon to be done:Big 3Mechman H/O Altsubs?amp?

That thing is going to eat people nearby cars, unsecured objects, and small children

Fixed!

wow nice. i wanted nos on my car but the gf said no. i was just gunna do a 50 shot tho haha

Get a new girlfriend.