I need help finding a new camera. I need it to have HD video and high quality pictures, preferably with lens attachments.

Here is a quick list of what I would be using it for...

• Car audio (duh)
  • Paint Ball Action Shots
  • Car Shows

Basic stuff like that. I really like taking pictures and videos, but I am no expert.

My budget is stretched to $500, lower would be best.

What is out there?

Click Links To View Build Logs

1994 - Mazda B3000 (Daily/Toy/Show)

2002 - Mazda Protege (Daily)

1995 - Hyundai Accent (R.I.P.)

1984 - Bronco II (Restoration Project)

Youtube Channel

Photography like car audio is not cheap hobby to be in. That said if I were looking in that range I would look at this http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/753766-REG/Canon_5757B002_EOS_Rebel_T3_Digital.html The canon T3 is a solid entry level slr that does shoot hd video. The 7d would be a better choice for video but cost twice as much so in your budget the T3 is what I would look at. If you want to see video made with it get on vimeo and search canon T3 and check out the 60d as well. Since it is an slr you can buy more lenses as you get money so you can have a wider angle or more telephoto.

Edited by photochrisb931

Barstad

I agree with loud n low. The t1i is a great camera. It is a midlevel slr and shoots 1080p vs the 720p of the t3. Used the t1i can be had for around 400-470. I found a kiss x3 which is the Japanese t1i, body only, for 465 at keh.com. You would need to buy a separate lens and that may run over your 500 range. Look up on CL and see if someone is selling a kit local and check overstocks and closeouts and may be able to find a new kit cheap. I suggested the t3 because it can be had new and is a solid camera. In all honesty, I am biased for canons since I shoot a 60d or the older 30d almost daily. I would be tempted to buy a used T1i over a T3 if you were interested in going that way.

Barstad

To be honest I am looking for the cheapest camera that shoots hd video and good pictures, with changeable lenses.

Click Links To View Build Logs

1994 - Mazda B3000 (Daily/Toy/Show)

2002 - Mazda Protege (Daily)

1995 - Hyundai Accent (R.I.P.)

1984 - Bronco II (Restoration Project)

Youtube Channel