Second Skin Audio

15" T-Line sub box?

This is that multi design tline box. If you look inside the mounting hole, you see another mounting hole. A sub can mound inside, and a sub outside. and the middle chambered shared about 1.6-1.8cf/ I also had a solid plug where I could mount a sub inside the box, plug the outside for a 4th order design

DSCN0631.jpg

DSCN0629.jpg

DSCN0628.jpg

Laugh at my BEAUTIFUL redome job, I dont care lol. I didn't have the correct glue to fix the dome back then ;)

this is a very old basic rendering of how this box looked

sample2.jpg

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

two mounting holes? to mount one sub inside, and one outside. Its called Compound Isobaric. kind of old-school design.

The Compound design peaked at a lower frequency, 32-34hz but was more narrow banded about 25-36/38hz with a pretty steep roll off.

Band pass had a wider response from 25-50hz and was best sounding and very loud

choked tline where just one woofer was in the front, firing into the air space then in to the line was loudest at higher frequencies 42hz. Mainly played 35-50hz best. At one time I attempted to calculate this as a ported box, and wasn't that far off. BB6.0 calculated it as a 45-50hz spl based box. I may be off a little, its been about 5yrs at least

With the front board off, and one sub mounted normally on the inside baffle, it was a standard tline. This was pretty flat/SQ sounding, but NOT the loudest at all

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I kinda thought it'd have something to do with isobaric but that sealed part totally threw me off, it's a pretty awesome design, how would you come up with a design like that?

System:

Basically Stock

In process of upgrading

I used compressible weather stripping and washers with rubber gaskets. No air leaks at all

sundown.jpg

Archived