Battery Install Question: Can I cut off the factory Wire Ends?

So I can whack off the ends and put them into a terminal block? What about replacing the ones I can reach with good 4ga? Like the one from the fuse block to the + terminal?

I'm not sure what's gonna cause problems if anything and whats not. <_<

I don't wanna get it all done and have a check engine light or some such silliness.

Yea its fine and that other fuse is for your hitch (last picture posted).

The right hand one powers the block and the left hand side goes to the back for hitch/towing lights?

Hey, saw you post this on tbssowners today. I did this on my tbss, the wire was way too short from tha fuse box to (+) side terminal on batt and my red plastic cover was somewhat cut to help get a little more slack, which is how I got it when purchased the truck. So I took off both the plastic end covers and merged all wires accordingly to a side terminal. But very important to keep the negative amp draw clamp, like stated, to have the alternator function properly..

Also, if doing the big 3 you need to rout the new negative through that negative amp draw clamp, apperantly if you don't your alt will not be charging sufficently..

Edited by POPLERO

2008 TBSS Black Granite

Alpine CDA-117

Clarion EQS746

AudioQue Supertweets @ dash

Alpine DDT-s30 @ b pillars

Alpine SPR-60c @ front doors

Alpine SPR-60 @ rear doors

Alpine PDX-f4

Second Skin DampPro

KNUkonceptz Wiring

DCpower 270amp alt

Optima YT underhood *temp

Two15DCxls

Hifonics bxi2610 *temp

saz4500 and 4 xp3000s coming soon.

Hey, saw you post this on tbssowners today. I did this on my tbss, the wire was way too short from tha fuse box to (+) side terminal on batt and my red plastic cover was somewhat cut to help get a little more slack, which is how I got it when purchased the truck. So I took off both the plastic end covers and merged all wires accordingly to a side terminal. But very important to keep the negative amp draw clamp, like stated, to have the alternator function properly..

Also, if doing the big 3 you need to rout the new negative through that negative amp draw clamp, apperantly if you don't your alt will not be charging sufficently..

Yeah, not many TBSS' on here so I thought I'd ask both. :pardon:

What do you mean "and merged all wires accordingly to a side terminal?" Did you remove the factory ring or just the plastic covering? Did you end up replacing that fuse block to + terminal wire? I saw how short it was and think I may need to completely replace it. If I lay my battery on it's side, the + terminal will be farthest from the block so I'm sure it'll be too short.

Is the draw clamp the ring that goes around all the ground wires? Is the ring itself the sensor or is there another part that needs to be in contact?

I know jack shit about these fancy new charging systems and I don't really have the cash on hand to be replacing shit. Especially expensive GM sensors or worse.

And I looked today, I think a run of 1/0 will fit through that draw clamp. Got any pics of yours by chance?

And yeah, I looked at at the XS battery but damn it's pricey.

Edited by 2007TBSS

Merged all wires to an aftermarket side terminal. And after removing the end plastic caps I found enough slack and didn't need to replace the wire from the fuse block to (+) terminal.

Yes, the clap just needs to go around the neg wires to see how much amps your drawing and will adjust voltage on the alt. I was able to snake through my 0 awg neg run throught the clamp but and the disconnect it and work them through..

I have a really hard trouble uploading photos but can text you some... If needed, I know it was a pain to get it figured when I did it but feel pretty confident its a solid job.

2008 TBSS Black Granite

Alpine CDA-117

Clarion EQS746

AudioQue Supertweets @ dash

Alpine DDT-s30 @ b pillars

Alpine SPR-60c @ front doors

Alpine SPR-60 @ rear doors

Alpine PDX-f4

Second Skin DampPro

KNUkonceptz Wiring

DCpower 270amp alt

Optima YT underhood *temp