RE 12's Box Build. System Complete

Hey guys. I recently peiced together a system from some amps I had laying around. I do some polishing and paint correction on the side and just used my little side fund to bankroll it. I tried to keep as much cargo room as possible since I have a family and technically, this is our family vehicle. :trippy:

I got a general idea for how I wanted the box and attempted to keep it as short as possible leaving room for luggage ect. I used the Torres Box Calculator and with some help from a few guys here, got it sized and tuned. I got most of the way done and decided to change up the amp rack to the back instead of the front. I had originally planned on stacking the amps, long bridged over short but once I got that far, didn't like it. Box is birch to save weight. Double baffle with flushed subs. 3, 4" X 17" aero ports tuned to 34hz. My first ported box and I am quite impressed with the sound. I built a few boxes back in the day but it has been quite a while and the rust showed in a couple spots.

Overall I am very happy with it and it is a lot louder than I had planned.

So anyways, without further ado, here's the pics. I'll get some pics of head unit and some video later today.

Hope you enjoy!

torresspecsaeroports.jpg

IMG_2405.jpg

IMG_2425.jpg

IMG_2428.jpg

IMG_2430.jpg

IMG_2451.jpg

IMG_2462.jpg

IMG_2468.jpg

IMG_2472-1.jpg

Edited by 2007TBSS

Nice work bro! :good:

there is some VERY hard headed people out there. Anyone who says a DD-1 isnt necessary is also saying an O-scope isnt necessary. Anyone who says an O-scope IN THE MINIMUM isnt necessary, is a noob. Forget the DD-1 for a minute, any reputable installer will at LEAST use an O-scope. Those guys in that thread are clowns. Hard headed clowns.

that box looks clean, good job!

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

What happen to the cargo room you wanted to save? LOL. When I first saw the box I thought it was going to be subs back port up... Box looks good man. Nice work

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Yeah, that didn't quite work out like I intended either. I was gonna do sealed, small side fire kinda thing, then ended up going ported, then it needed to be a little taller, then nowhere to hide the amps....

Next thing you know, box is huge. My bad.

"Next thing you know box is huge... My bad"

haha deadly :L real nice setup though ^^

Edited by Emmet

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.