Taking a tour at my potential college

My mom has offered to help me pay for college and she wants to take a tour of the facility and the housing before I jump into anything. I've already looked into it a lot and it looks awesome! I honestly cannot wait to go! :woot: We plan on taking a tour around May or so and if all goes well, I should be enrolling sometime in the summer.

Here's a little bit of information I gathered up:

It's a 10-week program which is broken up into 10 courses, each lasting one week. Course list as provided by www.installerinstitute.com

Week 1: Intro to formal installations

Week 2: Enclosure design and construction

Week 3: Beyond basic installations

Week 4: Advanced mobile security & navigation

Week 5: Complex installations

So far- 200 clocked hours

Week 6: Leather interior installation

Week 7: Advanced fabrication

Week 8: Interior panel design and construction

Week 9: Painting and metal work

Week 10: Intro to home audio installation

Included in my tuition is: Books, MESA certification, cost of materials (and I get to work on my own vehicle!), housing which is less than 5 miles from Daytona Beach!, and some other things. Words can't explain how ecstatic I am about attending. I never really wanted to go to college until I found mobile audio. That's when my life really flipped a 180 for the better, my dream is to one day become an MECP MIT. It's going to take a long time to get there, but I know I can do it. The only underlying problem I have is I made a really, really dumb choice and dropped out of school. I try not to carry a lot, if any regrets in my life but dropping out was definitely one of them. If I had the opportunity to rewind time and change that, I would; but then again, we are who we are today because of the choices we made yesterday.

What am I going to do about it? Well, since my school district won't take me back to public school since I'm over 18, I'm going to test for my GED. I'll have to build some boxes or something to pay for that, since I've applied to over 30 places with 9 interviews and no job to pay for the test. My next step is to get a temporary part-time/full-time job. Something that will get me some decent money saved up to buy groceries and whatnot while I'm out there. I might as well try and save some money for equipment as well. After all, what good is $8,000+ worth of fiberglass and custom work if there's nothing to drop in it? :lol:

After I get back, I plan to find a temporary job in a shop to help pay back my mom and the rest of my loans. When I'm finally out of debt (lol), I'm going to work on gathering my equipment and opening my shop. It's been a long, tough road, gentlemen, but I'm pretty positive I found my passion and I'm finally on track to fulfilling my dream. The "wow" factor in this line of work is something I just love. The look on people's faces when you tell them you did all the work on this ride yourself is simply amazing.

Anyway, I just thought I'd post to the forums the latest news and how excited I am to share with everyone. If plans turn out, everyone should expect to see a complete interior overhaul on my truck. If you've read alllllllllllllllllllllllll the way to here, I congratulate you!

Thanks guys

2001 Toyota Corolla CE:

4x Crescendo PWX6.5's

2x Crescendo FT1-SE's

1x DC Audio lvl 2 M1 8 (looking for more)

Slot port box 0.7ft^3 @ 31.77hz

Rockford Fosgate R750.1

1/0 Knu wiring all around

Looking for XS Power D1200

We all make mistakes are this age ( I'm 17) i think its how you fix it and go about it the second time that matters other than what you did wrong. Good luck and i feel the same way about college. I might look into attending this course as well. Everyone says i need to do something i like. well i think i found it. Pm me sometime and we can talk this course and give me some info to what you learned. Good luck man i wish you the best of luck.

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

We all make mistakes are this age ( I'm 17) i think its how you fix it and go about it the second time that matters other than what you did wrong. Good luck and i feel the same way about college. I might look into attending this course as well. Everyone says i need to do something i like. well i think i found it. Pm me sometime and we can talk this course and give me some info to what you learned. Good luck man i wish you the best of luck.

Thanks man, I'll shoot you a PM sometime. I've just grown tired of the lifestyle I've gotten into, most of my friends are either working or in college while I'm sitting at home with nothing to do, no money, scrounging change from under my couch cushions to help support my habits (literally addicted to Monster Energy, Marlboro Smooths, and tattoos). I was always kind of the underdog, the black sheep, if you will, of the family. Always getting dealt the bad cards. I want to change that so desperately and I know if I can do this, it's going to change my life for the best.

Hey man sounds pretty cool good luck to you! where is it at??

The school is located in Holly Hill, FL. Right down the road from Daytona Beach! I also caught wind that iASCA is going to be there Spring Break.

2001 Toyota Corolla CE:

4x Crescendo PWX6.5's

2x Crescendo FT1-SE's

Rockford Fosgate R750.1

Thanks man, I'll shoot you a PM sometime. I've just grown tired of the lifestyle I've gotten into, most of my friends are either working or in college while I'm sitting at home with nothing to do, no money, scrounging change from under my couch cushions to help support my habits (literally addicted to Monster Energy, Marlboro Smooths, and tattoos). I was always kind of the underdog, the black sheep, if you will, of the family. Always getting dealt the bad cards. I want to change that so desperately and I know if I can do this, it's going to change my life for the best.

The school is located in Holly Hill, FL. Right down the road from Daytona Beach! I also caught wind that iASCA is going to be there Spring Break.

I am the same way . I think its because im the oldest out of my siblings , like the test one. I know how that is. I have no plan for college after high school which im half way through senior year . I am going to def, look into this school. Im up in minnesota but wouldn;t mind moving.

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

I am the same way . I think its because im the oldest out of my siblings , like the test one. I know how that is. I have no plan for college after high school which im half way through senior year . I am going to def, look into this school. Im up in minnesota but wouldn;t mind moving.

For all that's included in the tuition, it really doesn't seem like a bad investment. It's almost as if it pays for itself! The website is www.installerinstitute.com, from there you can have them send you an information packet and you will some calls from the faculty every now and again. Hell even if the school doesn't work out for you, look at the location! :rofl: What more could a teenager want!? iASCA competitions, fine ass women, awesome weather pretty much year round, I mean it's like paradise almost!

2001 Toyota Corolla CE:

4x Crescendo PWX6.5's

2x Crescendo FT1-SE's

Rockford Fosgate R750.1

I have looked into going to the same school. But i am already at a University and dont want to stop going to go down there. but maybe after i graduate i might do it. :)

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

I have looked into going to the same school. But i am already at a University and dont want to stop going to go down there. but maybe after i graduate i might do it. :)

It seems like an awesome school and I have yet to find a bad review on it!

2001 Toyota Corolla CE:

4x Crescendo PWX6.5's

2x Crescendo FT1-SE's

Rockford Fosgate R750.1

I will taking a tour of the school come the time I head down for sbn, I gotta crunch the numbers and see if they can help me figure out a way to afford it.. If it goes thru I will be staying at my parents summer place in southern daytona 15 min away..

Oh yea this school is $9700 board included or 8900 without board.. Only downside :(

Laying frame soon.. System has to wait