DC Sound Lab

6 cu. for two 15xl's

I did a traditional 3" bodydrop so the cab floor is raised 3". If i single wall it i would have a lot more room... i actually would have roughly 11 cu. I already calculated on the torres with it just being single and i with the measurements i have taken, i would have too much room... Maybe enough to fit one more sub which i wont mind doing if i dont get bitched at from my other half...lol... If i made a box under the window line, i would have enough airspace but i rather just go with the wall. Since the box is flush with the top window line, it curves on the edgesso thats where i lose it. maybe i'll just do the single wall , double baffle and brace it up good... I just dont want it to break.

I did a traditional 3" bodydrop so the cab floor is raised 3". If i single wall it i would have a lot more room... i actually would have roughly 11 cu. I already calculated on the torres with it just being single and i with the measurements i have taken, i would have too much room... Maybe enough to fit one more sub which i wont mind doing if i dont get bitched at from my other half...lol... If i made a box under the window line, i would have enough airspace but i rather just go with the wall. Since the box is flush with the top window line, it curves on the edgesso thats where i lose it. maybe i'll just do the single wall , double baffle and brace it up good... I just dont want it to break.

it wont. dowels, resin, fiberglass, wood glue and you will be fine. can ever use 90 degree galvanized steel (the one will all the holes in it) to help hold the box together, and put a 45 over that :shrug:

Edited by ChevyBoy95

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Trax... is your box single or doubled?

Box is single 3/4" Baffle is double 1.5" just for the purpose of flush mounting the subs.,a.......brace between subs and the portwall is all the bracing in the box. Then resined inside and outside. Outside was just for smother surface....but then it got textered paint so that was a waste of time.Hers a pic of the final box that I took to world. Same one as in the vid before glass.

3.jpg

DCSig.jpg

2011 Meca World Champ S3

Team Truth Hertz

Team DC

50.5 w 17 d 23ish tall tuned at 40 with alot of port. Its 5.9 something after displacement. And that port took up alot. The box I have designed now is shorter nor as deep same width and will be just over 6 cubes with 3 6" aeros so I can get some leg room back. With your bodydrop you should be right at the window if not a hair over if you decide on using aeros. And I was only pushing these with 1 DC 3.5K.

And before anyone ask. This is how you get 50.5 wide in a dime :drink40:

198043_10150114794343723_733773722_6739264_3653814_n.jpg

Edited by Traks

DCSig.jpg

2011 Meca World Champ S3

Team Truth Hertz

Team DC

thanks for all the help... i am nearly done... i just have to add the all thread bracing and baffle and i should be good to go... heres a pic of what i have so far. would you guys recommend me bracing it on the bottom of the port or two on each side of the port? i know for sure i will brace it up from left to right and back to the middle of the baffle

2012-01-29165210.jpg

Edited by nosho47

One to the port should be good.But I might suggest running it threw the port to the top of the box. Then just add bolts. So you would have a total of 6 bolts on the one rod. 2 at bottom of box. 2 at bottom of port and 2 at the top of the port. Dunno if it will flex or not. Or you could double layer the top of the box. But the box looks great cant wait to see it done! :drink40:

DCSig.jpg

2011 Meca World Champ S3

Team Truth Hertz

Team DC

One to the port should be good.But I might suggest running it threw the port to the top of the box. Then just add bolts. So you would have a total of 6 bolts on the one rod. 2 at bottom of box. 2 at bottom of port and 2 at the top of the port. Dunno if it will flex or not. Or you could double layer the top of the box. But the box looks great cant wait to see it done! :drink40:

I think you meant nuts on the threaded rod just to avoid confusion.