4 American Bass XFL 15s in a Cherokee

Alright guys, im new here so this might not be the best build log. I am 17 years old and have only been in the game for a little over a year. Ive gone through about 6 systems and have done several of installs (nothing compared to most of the quality on here). After getting into a head on crash (not my fault) its time for a new build. Picked up a 2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ. This is a budget build. My goals are high 40s for numbers but mainly focusing on decent quality and heavy lows as this is a daily driver.

The system:

· 4 American Bass XFL D4 15s (haven't seen to much American bass on here lol)

· 2 Audiopipe AQX 3500s (of course I get them just before the new apk line comes out..)

· knu conceptz wire for the whole car. 12g for the subs and 0 for the power/ground And big 3

· 2 polk audio DB 6.5s 4 kenwood excelon 6.5s and 2 AP 3" super tweeters

· Massive Audio NX4 for the mid/highs

· Stock battery under the hood (relatively new) and 2 Shuriken BT120s

· Mechman 220amp alt on the way soon

· Kenwood KDC – X395. my old DDX-516 wouldn't fit in this car :(

· 100 sq foot of fat mat sound dampening.

· All tsunami rca wire

· XScorpion distribution blocks.

forgetting some stuff probably

The plan:

The front doors are going to have a pair of the polks and the tweeters. Back door area will get a pair of the kenwoods. The last set of 6.5s will replace what is on the roof. Sound dampening layered everywhere, especially the hatch. Subs face up port up in the trunk. The amps will go in a compartment underneath the box and will be cooled by a set of computer fans (got that idea from meades tahoe). I plan on adding some interior lighting just for run as well as a lift kit and bad ass tires in the far off future. Like I said this is a budged build and being a youngster I don't make much. So far I have everything (I think) I need in the garage and ready to go! The box is built as well. Its 12cu with a port that is 29.5 x 4". I know it's a bit small but I want to test the water with it (its also the first box ive ever made on my own). It has a double baffle and 4 1" wooden rod supports.

Next order of business is to weld up a bracket for the second battery in the front and move the air intake. Ill post pics of what I have so far and update it as I go. Any input, ideas, or help from anyone on the forum will be much appretiated!

wow nice stuff bro and the box looks good

Thanks man! ill take the car itself to the wash soon and get a good range of pics up. im hoping to get the whole build done by the end of February (key word being hoping lol)

Thanks man! ill take the car itself to the wash soon and get a good range of pics up. im hoping to get the whole build done by the end of February (key word being hoping lol)

what year is your JEEP?

aka KHRISS

what year is your JEEP?

2001 4 door sport. burgundy

Looks good.. but I have a 03 & I barley have enough room for 4 12"s with areo ports -.-

space is tight, thats for sure. there each only getting around 2.5 a piece in this box

Archived