Sonic Electronix

Actually, higher preamp voltage means the signal has to be multiplied less by the amp to achieve the necessary input voltage. Every head unit has a little bit of inducted noise that flows through the system as distortion. By reducing how much you need to multiply the input signal you reduce how much you multiply the inducted noise, meaning you will get less inducted noise coming out of the output of the amp. That means more of the power coming out of the amp is usable.

It can make a difference on both sub stage and front stage, sounding cleaner and potentially louder even if the system is tuned properly and exactly the same before and after the switch. There are numerous accounts of people gaining in numbers just because of switching to higher voltage preamps.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Upgrade to something with a better EQ or something with better Ipod/Mp3 interface or upgrade to something with a more user friendly display or upgrade to something with a feature you know nothing about but are excited to play around with.. The 2v to 4v is just icing on the cake and a step towards more current HU trends.

I still have 2v and I still use CDs, I don't have any Ipod, SD, USB, or MP3/Aux capability and I am getting pissed more and more every day.

-Drew

thank you this was very well explained and i understand what your saying now.

but now in your opinion my set up is still small but i have a outdated sony xplod and if i did upgrade would you say upgrade to a 4v pioneer kenwood jvc or alpine?

BTW i seen your video nice flex on little wattage and your port looks fucking awesome how did you still calculate it with all that?

The port calculations were all done on AutoCAD which made things very easy and the box itself was just like any other box! Thanks for the compliment I hope to post more vids with full power potential.

-Drew

i will be looking for them videos i would highly appreciate if you checked out my log and watched my vids and seen my pics. your video was very impressive to me and i actually showed a few friends who were impressed as well and i love the port!

and first comment that sucks sorry to hear that bro i keep pushing myself towards a 4v pioneer headunit.

Edited by Relyks

Actually, higher preamp voltage means the signal has to be multiplied less by the amp to achieve the necessary input voltage. Every head unit has a little bit of inducted noise that flows through the system as distortion. By reducing how much you need to multiply the input signal you reduce how much you multiply the inducted noise, meaning you will get less inducted noise coming out of the output of the amp. That means more of the power coming out of the amp is usable.

It can make a difference on both sub stage and front stage, sounding cleaner and potentially louder even if the system is tuned properly and exactly the same before and after the switch. There are numerous accounts of people gaining in numbers just because of switching to higher voltage preamps.

daily driver not looking for number looking for louder bass without doing much upgrading amp sub wise.

( electrical is already in mind but expensive im working on it )

daily driver not looking for number looking for louder bass without doing much upgrading amp sub wise.

( electrical is already in mind but expensive im working on it )

your best bet would be to make sure you cant get anymore out of your box