Sonic Electronix

well i try to save up my questions so i can ask them all on 1 thread so i dont take up 2 much space but theres some things i gotta know b4 i install some components in my car...what does a signal processor do? i have it kinda confused with a crossover i think..but like the RF 360.2...is it both a xover and a Sp?

Also does a crosover let u determine how much power goes 2 each thing? Example- if i run 2 speakers n 2 tweets on a 2 ch amp, can i use the xover 2 send more power to my mids than my tweets? sorry it might not sound clear, but thanx for the replies

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

i am not 100% sure on the cross over thing but they are same as like a capacitor (not power cap) but a little one and it just takes out either the low end of frequenceies (bass) for the tweeters so they dont have to try bumping while playing the highs which distorts them, and then to do the mid ranges you cut out the highs and the lows so that you only get what the speaker is meant for 'mid range' frequencies. it has nothing to do with power its just allowing certain frequencies to certain speakers.

im only a high school kid and thats what i have learned in my gr 12 car audio/electronics class so dont think its right with out some pros info, because they probably know ALOT more then me

Guest MegaloManiac
well i try to save up my questions so i can ask them all on 1 thread so i dont take up 2 much space but theres some things i gotta know b4 i install some components in my car...

1.what does a signal processor do? i have it kinda confused with a crossover i think..but

it is a processor that reproduces sound in hopes of being more accurate .

2. like the RF 360.2...is it both a xover and a Sp?

yes, its both

3. Also does a crosover let u determine how much power goes 2 each thing? Example- if i run 2 speakers n 2 tweets on a 2 ch amp, can i use the xover 2 send more power to my mids than my tweets? sorry it might not sound clear, but thanx for the replies

no, it determines which frequencies it allow it to play.

ie, i set speaker crossover to bandpass 60hz-500hz. the speaker will not play any frequency below 60hz or above 500hz now.

answered in bold :)

Archived