bagging and body dropping a 81 crew cab dually

yeah guys not much going on still waiting for a welder to get here but i order a Porterbuilt Dropmember it will be here in 3 weeks then im going to order my a-arms from michigan metal works

InParts.jpg

Description:

The Porterbuilt Dropmember is a bolt-in front suspension system designed to eliminate all the drawbacks traditionally associated with extreme lowering of the 60-87 Chevrolet trucks. It is available for the C10, C20, and C30 chassis. Its improved/revised suspension geometry and rack and pinion steering improve both ride quality and performance. It raises the suspension components in the chassis to eliminate ground clearance concerns, making the frame-rails under the cab the lowest point; narrows the trac-width by approximately 1 1/2 inches, per side, for increased tire clearance; and moves the wheel center-line forward, centering the wheels in the wheel well opening and eliminating tire to firewall clearance normally asociated with laying frame and large diameter wheels/tires. The Dropmember is compatible with factory upper control arms from 1963-1987 and factory C10 lowers from 73-87.

Basic Kit Includes the following ($1099):

-Main crossmember assembly

-Inner truss support system

-Motor mounts (SBC, BBC, GEN3, and I6 available)

-Upper shock relocator brackets

-Transmission crossmember

-Rack notches

-Tie rod assemblies

-Billet mounting bushings for rack and pinion

-Grade 8 hardware for installation

Mines a 79 shortbed. Big ole 250ci 6'er. Ive got the porterbuilt dropmember on mine. I love it. And their customer service is 2nd to none.

truck looks sick man cant wait till mine is done

i just order my a-arms yesterday from Michigan Metal Works $1000 dollars but they are well worth it

DSC_0427-250x250.jpg

i got the new welder east wood mig 175 was $499 today and to get the bottle filed was $118 so im rdy to get started back up tomorrow and get this frame done

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

Eastwood? Never heard of that brand before...are they a newer company?

Those arms are badass man! Looking forward to more updates :good:

they have been around for a good bit of time there are lots of good reviews on it but ill see how it welds tomorrow and it come with a aluminum spool gun

im back up and running started to plate the z in got 1 side all most done then i just need to put the 1/4 in plate on the out side and in side then 1 side will be done here is a pic the new welder is fucking nice

IMG_0624-1.jpg

Archived