Sundown Audio

SAX 1200D not much louder than JL 500.1??

Tulsajj

his oem electrical should be fine to show a diff in a 1200rms amp and a 500rms amp. i ran a 1500rms amp for years and years off an oem accord charging system that was less then his 08.

Big 3 as you said is a wise help, but that shouldnt be the difference in him seeing a difference in a 500rms amp and a 1200-1500rms amp

Ever clamp it?

Prefab box? Sounds like box rise is half the battle.

Unless it's a burp setup that's the last thing I would worry about.

Just picking your brain here.... You care to elaborate why you wouldn't worry about box rise in a daily setup? The sax should be audibly louder than a jl 500 slash. Seeing as the subs he was using were seeing a max of half the rms they are rated for. What would you worry about?

I would double check to ensure you are wired to 1ohm nominal.

Another thing is, have the gains been set? What headunit?

I have both sub voice coils wired + to + then - to -. then both subs wired together the same way to the furthest channel on the amp.

Headunit is: Kenwood DDX-318 DVD Receiver

I set headunit to 75% and ran a 50hz test tone and set amp to 34.64V with a DMM for 1200RMS.

his oem electrical should be fine to show a diff in a 1200rms amp and a 500rms amp. i ran a 1500rms amp for years and years off an oem accord charging system that was less then his 08.

Big 3 as you said is a wise help, but that shouldnt be the difference in him seeing a difference in a 500rms amp and a 1200-1500rms amp

Ever clamp it?

Yup. And I'm not stock on my car now as class a and ab is a bitch. His problem isn't his electrical.

Rise sure

box probably

subwoofer sure

I find it funny electrical was the first rebuttal when most likely are one of the other reasons.

Archived