This Weekend was busy! Crazy stuff happened. I had help form all the guys, Justin, David, Robert, and Tristin. All in all, the car got about 60 man hours of labor in two days. First, we worked on the boxes for the eights going behind the seats. THis turned out to be quite a production. Check it out:

First I made some rings and chamfered them.

db6fddd4.jpg

23ddb11f.jpg

Then I attached the rings to the 8" boxes, and loaded everything into the car.

895b76d6.jpg

After a little bit of time spent on mocking things up, we were ready for fiberglass. Check out my first attempt at two part expanding foam in 12 years. Not exactly the desired techniques but I was able to get the final outcome I was looking for.84e7e000.jpg

d9912196.jpg

8c3147b5.jpg

c029a02e.jpg

And then I had the boys apply lots of resin:

6016f9c1.jpg

After all, we popped the thing back out of the car and started working on it on the table. This will probably end up with 30-40 hours of sanding before I'm happy with it.

534face6.jpg

Heres after a few more hours:

5f1bd737.jpg

While the boys spent some time inside the car, I spent a little time on the back end of it. Here's the progress there:04d12830.jpg

Robert did this part while I cut an insert grill that will hold an emblem.

d45fe1c9.jpg

Here's the insert:

03dd7e80.jpg

550a0a66.jpg

That's it for the weekend. It doesn't seem like much now, but it was long hours into this. Had a good time with it.

Later...

Funky Lu

WYLA Designs

What Ya Lookin At?

The word of the day was "Sanding". I got home from work and just sanded for a couple of hours. Do any of you know that special feeling when you've used the grinder on some fiberglass while wearing short sleeves and fiberglass particles fly into your arm pit area? yeah, that special feeling! Did it... not happy about it, but did it. Any how, here's the progress and I'll spare you any pictures of the special feeling area.

You can see what the panel looked like yesterday. This is the process after much, much, much sanding (and filling of course):

5015e626.jpg

c4f6876b.jpg

Yes, it says "smoof" on it. We strive for ultimate smoofness around here...

While I did the real work, Justin worked on this one (lol):

a8f2524b.jpg

3afe2968.jpg

53072ef5.jpg

He did a great job...

I'm pretty sure I won't be doing anything tomorrow considering it's Valentines day. I told my wife I got her a router for Valentines day... she wasn't so thrilled. Better take her to a nice dinner huh? Be cool...next time...

Funky Lu

WYLA Designs

What Ya Lookin At?

Damnation at the fabrication work.

Do work Son!!!!! :D

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Archived