Sonic Electronix

Ok so i have owned audioque sdc 12" woofers and loved them ( i know not powerful at all...) with a aq 1200d mono. And im in the process of upgrading, ive bought a aq 2200d mono and at first had plans on getting another 2200d and two aq hdc4 18"s. But after noticing some people comments and there builds, im starting to wonder are the 2200d's really enough to power the hdc4's? I want get the most out of my woofers without damaging them. It seems unless you clip your aq amp hard, you can run it at .5 ohm all day, so my questions are as follows. Will i get the most out of the hdc4's with 2 2200d amps? (possibly ran at .5 ohm) or should i get hdc3's instead??? On a side note, Ive kind have committed myself to the 2200d cuz like i said i already own one, so getting a 3500d isnt a option for me right now. Any input from fellow aq users or knowledgeable audiophiles is greatly appreciated, ty.

Ok so i have owned audioque sdc 12" woofers and loved them ( i know not powerful at all...) with a aq 1200d mono. And im in the process of upgrading, ive bought a aq 2200d mono and at first had plans on getting another 2200d and two aq hdc4 18"s. But after noticing some people comments and there builds, im starting to wonder are the 2200d's really enough to power the hdc4's? I want get the most out of my woofers without damaging them. It seems unless you clip your aq amp hard, you can run it at .5 ohm all day, so my questions are as follows. Will i get the most out of the hdc4's with 2 2200d amps? (possibly ran at .5 ohm) or should i get hdc3's instead??? On a side note, Ive kind have committed myself to the 2200d cuz like i said i already own one, so getting a 3500d isnt a option for me right now. Any input from fellow aq users or knowledgeable audiophiles is greatly appreciated, ty.

From the testing I saw the HDC4 was actually louder then the HDC3 on low power, so they must be pretty efficient.

I'd have no problem running the HDC4's on 2200's at .5ohm each. Otherwise the alum coil HDC3's would work also.

With the HDC4's and proper electrical you should be able to pound on them all day long....

From the testing I saw the HDC4 was actually louder then the HDC3 on low power, so they must be pretty efficient.

I'd have no problem running the HDC4's on 2200's at .5ohm each. Otherwise the alum coil HDC3's would work also.

With the HDC4's and proper electrical you should be able to pound on them all day long....

alright thank you, i shoot for the hdc4's then.

Archived