Second Skin Audio

putting together new system together

Ok so I'm 15 and I'm about to get a truck. Probably a tundra double cab or crew max orrr a tacoma 4 door and my plan is to put just two seats in the back and an SMD18 in a ported box in between the two seats. I've been looking at the AQ2500x2 for the sub. I want a lottt of bass but I don't want to have to be replacing my windshield etc. Anyone know a happy median there or what amps/rms I should be running to keep from that. Also any suggestions on box design. I'm open for new ideas

maybe start with something smaller for a start?? yer gunna need some electrical upgrades to if u plan on running 2 2200's

1999 grand prix gt

kenwood x994 head unit

1/0 big 3 all shok industry single run to the back

New mid/highs coming not sure what

Soundqubed q2200d at .5 (have)

2 soundqubed hdc3 12s (have)

New box to be built.. sealed firing forward (yet to be designed)

200 amp alt not sure exact size or manufactor xs power batts

the box for one smd 18 will probly have to be from floor to ceiling to get the airspace it needs. its gonna look kinda dumb in between two seats if you ask me. Most people doing this do a down firing sub and make the enclosure an armrest so it looks like part of the car.

And dont worry about breaking any glass. your about $20,000 in equipment away from that being a problem.

Yea ok so I know for a fact I can get the airspace needed Ive seen someone do it.... second that's why I was askin questions so thx for replies... and box will go from back of cab to back of console or no console and all the way foward?? Ill make it work..

I will have electrical upgrades... both of those 2500's good for one 18?

dude...you're 15 and you want to install more than 5 grand worth of equipment in your car? in all honesty, if you have to ask these questions and you want to be in the big leagues right away, you WILL. i repeat. you WILL fuck something up. even the most minor thing, such as a single hair thin strand of wire, can literally set your truck on fire and you'd be fucked.

if you choose to not listen to what i said, thats on you. its like a warranty. either follow instructions or you're on your own.

im serious man, start out small with 2 12's or 15's on 1500w or something. learn from your mistakes that you will inevitably make. read read READ on the forum every day. its pretty much the best way to gain knowledge.

Edited by Kranny