Sundown Audio

Sundown E-15 Review by Skip01

Originally posted on CACO :

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/sundown-audio/112578-sundown-400w-e-series-15-*vid*-*review*.html

----------

Quoted from Skip01's post below.

----------

Im horrible at writing reviews, but ill try too convey what im thinking too words.

Well I guess ill start off by saying.....:thumbsup:

Thumbs up Jacob on another HomeRUN id say.

Just when we was all too believe SA was arguably the best bang for the buck sub out there....you come out with something that trumps it in price, and in my eyes....doesnt lose hardly any of the great qualities that we all loved about the SA.

So when you pull it out of its packaging youre thinking, Hmmm...not much ass too it:icon_smile:.....

My expectations was for it too be like most other subs in that lower rms range....like no matter what it should sound weak on low end, and mostly hollow when trying too put in a decent size ported box.

Boy was i wrong.

The first thing i noticed was the lowend.....JEBUS.....i mean it slaps you in the face when youre not expecting it.......its so unexpected from a sub in its range and cost point.

It really sounds like a big boy woofer, lol, whatever that means, sounds so full and deep in all ranges.

I had it in my daily challenge box(4.5cu@32hz) which some might think on the big side but it just works....and this sub thrived in it when i had low power on it.....prolly coulda been a lil smaller for peak SPL...but for daily i liked it

I couldnt find a weak spot on it.....everything i played it just did it well.....BME CLick, Bass Ballin, Billie Jean, Beamer Benz(too name the Bs, lol)...Billie Jean was prolly my fav performance of the sub....just plays that bass line so smooth, every tone in its place where it should be....ear sex

Even after numerous full tilt burps(3500 @ 1ohm) it still showed no signs of fatigue....just smiled and said....Welll?

Im rambling here....so ill just say.....for the price, i find this damn near unbeatable for a daily driver.....price, performance, quality, just all exceeds expectations.

Thanks again Jacob for this sub :hello::thumbsup:

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

• 4 months later...

It will just laugh at that amp. Lol. get a 1500w amp and run 2 :drink40:

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.