Second Skin Audio

Constructing Port in Enclosure. Please Help

8UWITH6

The box is way big for 2 HX2 10" be aware that the follwing suggestion is not a proper design has excessive port area, this was done to take up the also excessive net internal volume which should be 2 cubic feet according to RF for 2 HX2 10" drivers:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 35.2 Hz

Vb = 2.321 ft^3

Subwoofer Mounting = Front Mounted

Internal Height = 11 in

Internal Width = 31.5 in

Internal Depth = 18.25 in

Port Width = 4 1/4 in

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 14 x 11

Extension = 16 1/4 x 11

Let me know any questions.

Joe I wanted to say thank you for your replies. I am fairly new to vented enclosures. I have been running sealed for many many many years. I enjoyed the flat response and ease of installation. Then I heard a nice vented enclosure with a decent amount of power and it was all over from there.

Point is I understand that the subs need a net volume after port displacement. I understand the port needs to be a certain width and length for tuning purposes. This enclosure pictured above I think had about 4 to 6 inches cut off the back of it. It was otherwise I think a decent build enclosure with 3/4" and 1" MDF for the T1's that where in it. I just dont understand the size of the port in this case. It seems very large. Would it be better to make a new faceplate on the enclosure and basically start over? Otherwise, is this something I can redo the port for even a higher frequency around 38 to 40hz and still be able to use it as a nice backup box or garage box? Thanks for the input fellas.

1986 Buick Regal Grand National(1) RFD2210 1.25 CUFT @ 38hz Slot PortRFX-9420, Punch 4080dsm, Power 250m22003 Mercury Marauder - Dark Blue PearlDDX-419, T600-4, T2652-S, HPC2205

(Currently Working on Designing an Enclosure)

It's not good practice to patch up like it's being done here, it would work anyways - suboptimally, it's just that it's ridiculosly big and heavy box to carry a couple of 10", if you ask me, sure, I think that it would be more work to modify that than start over.. it's your choice.

Archived