a couple DD-1 questions

i jus got the DD-1 and i gotta few questions

1) since i NEVER listen to cd's, i wanna burn the cd to my ipod, correct?

2) what eq setting should i have my ipod on??...should the volume on my ipod be all the way up??

3) why am i to use a -0dB track to check the headunit but when i actually set my gains, i get the choice of -5, -10, or -15??...why wouldnt i use the same track i choose for my gain setting for my headunit??

4) i saw this somewhere but i cant find it...do i set everything up with or without speaker wires hooked up??...i saw it did make a difference, i think

5) on Pioneer decks, there is a loudness setting...where do i set that?

personal build in progress

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188656-2013-kia-sorento-6-12-no-wall/

www.facebook.com/TurbulentDesigns

1) since i NEVER listen to cd's, i wanna burn the cd to my ipod, correct? thats fine, use lossless if you can

2) what eq setting should i have my ipod on??...should the volume on my ipod be all the way up?? flat, volume should be 1 click down from max

3) why am i to use a -0dB track to check the headunit but when i actually set my gains, i get the choice of -5, -10, or -15??...why wouldnt i use the same track i choose for my gain setting for my headunit?? You check max undistorted headunit volume with 0db, to set gain you use a quieter track because its closer to the loudness of music. 0db is the loudest a track can be, so -5db to -10db is a good average for music.

4) i saw this somewhere but i cant find it...do i set everything up with or without speaker wires hooked up??...i saw it did make a difference, i think i turn the HPF on headunit as high as i can set it so my stock speakers can handle the 40hz note, if you have the option, disconnect all speakers so all thats connected are RCAs and the DD-1 probes.

5) on Pioneer decks, there is a loudness setting...where do i set that? always leave that off

you want to be using the bottom USB ipod connection, the headphone jack will not produce good quality music because the Ipods DAC blows monkey balls. When you connect using USB it bypasses the Ipods DAC and uses the headunits

Edited by Decaf

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

how do i use lossless??...i thought i was supposed to but idk how to...and thx for the reply

Edit-Prefrences-General(tab)-then look for Import Settings and then u can choose the Apple Lossless Encoder option

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

1) since i NEVER listen to cd's, i wanna burn the cd to my ipod, correct? thats fine, use lossless if you can

2) what eq setting should i have my ipod on??...should the volume on my ipod be all the way up?? flat, volume should be 1 click down from max

3) why am i to use a -0dB track to check the headunit but when i actually set my gains, i get the choice of -5, -10, or -15??...why wouldnt i use the same track i choose for my gain setting for my headunit?? You check max undistorted headunit volume with 0db, to set gain you use a quieter track because its closer to the loudness of music. 0db is the loudest a track can be, so -5db to -10db is a good average for music.

4) i saw this somewhere but i cant find it...do i set everything up with or without speaker wires hooked up??...i saw it did make a difference, i think i turn the HPF on headunit as high as i can set it so my stock speakers can handle the 40hz note, if you have the option, disconnect all speakers so all thats connected are RCAs and the DD-1 probes.

5) on Pioneer decks, there is a loudness setting...where do i set that? always leave that off

you want to be using the bottom USB ipod connection, the headphone jack will not produce good quality music because the Ipods DAC blows monkey balls. When you connect using USB it bypasses the Ipods DAC and uses the headunits

what does the loudness setting do??...and do i go "flat" or "off" for the ipod eq??...i have both options

personal build in progress

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188656-2013-kia-sorento-6-12-no-wall/

www.facebook.com/TurbulentDesigns

what does the loudness setting do??...and do i go "flat" or "off" for the ipod eq??...i have both options

loudness adds signal boost to all notes, it will distort the signal. use full clean volume with loudness off

flat and off are the same on ipod

TeamSundown-sig.jpg