Second Skin Audio

Subs firing off two sides of 1 box?

So i just built my box for my 4 lvl 2 8"s, the subs face forward and the port is facing the driver side. Normall i go all forward, but trunk dimensions wont allow that. Could I get a gain by facing the port and 3 subs forward, and one sub up? Or two subs up? Would the subs facing the two different directions cause cancellation? The system sounds good, and hits good, but i think i can do better.

post-21750-0-92844500-1328685045_thumb.png

Edited by herbykw

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

Car 05 mustang

Box 11h x 37w x 20d with a 6" aero port

Yes my previous builds have all had the best luck firing all forward. This is a new car and new subs. I'm just asking will it help or hurt by having some subs front and some face up

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

To answer your question, I don't see how placing some of the subs upwards can help, but there are other things to check,for example assuming a 36Hz tuning you would have each sub with 0.73 cubic feet of airspace each their range is 0.6-1 cubic feet so you would be on the tight side, you need to be running them with at least true 1600W RMS (400W each) to get what they give. You can safely run them to 500W each. Also you need 1880W or clean 134 A to properly run them on rated power, yor gains, your tuning, have an effect also....

To answer your question, I don't see how placing some of the subs upwards can help, but there are other things to check,for example assuming a 36Hz tuning you would have each sub with 0.73 cubic feet of airspace each their range is 0.6-1 cubic feet so you would be on the tight side, you need to be running them with at least true 1600W RMS (400W each) to get what they give. You can safely run them to 500W each. Also you need 1880W or clean 134 A to properly run them on rated power, yor gains, your tuning, have an effect also....

That actualy didn't answer my question. I'm not asking about airspace or power ratings. I'm asking about cancellation by having some subs face forward and some face up. I would fire everything forward, but the box dimensions will not allow that. So, if I fire the port and 3 subs forward I will get as close to all forward as I can get, then I would have one subs facing up. Right now the port is firing to the side, with only about 4 inches of space.

So, will having subs face more then one direction in the same box cause any problems? Otherwise my only option might be subs up and port forward.

Edited by herbykw

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s