I have an 01 denali, looking to have a crazy loud system. I have a $2000 budget for amp(s) and speakers. I really want to go with Sundown amps and speakers but I'm lost. I have lots of questions and I'm in NJ. No builders out here, people refuse to believe anything that doesn't say JL is worth a damn. I've been reading off and on for a few months here and I'm ready to go. A few questions I had was one amp or two? 2 or 4 speakers? 12's or 15's? SA woofers are pretty cheap and highly rated too so I've been leaning towards them. My headunit is done and I have a builder for my box (kinda). My ultimate goal is to shut up all the JL dickriders in my area with a bunch of (no-name) equipment as they call it. Not going to competitions just want a system that hits HARD. Thanks for any help

crazy loud and $ 2000 dont work great together. can be done but your electrical on the car would suffer.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

he's right. from the little bit of research i have i've learned that you can buy all of your subs, speakers, and amps for less than two thousand but then theres all of the wiring which is surpringly expensive and then its a battery and then you need a high output alternator and all of a sudden your coming up on 5000 haha...

If your leaning towards sundown go down that route. You can always experiment later with other brands as you get more into the hobby. For your speakers and subs those are mainly on what you'd like to get. You can go 2 or 4 speakers depending on your liking. You can always get 2 now and if you dont like it add 2 more later. Your subs you can get 12's now and upgrade to 15's later or vis versa. Your subs will sound good no matter what. Just get your box done right the 1st time. If you have any questions based on your box dimensions I believe there is a section in this forum where you can ask for box size and dimensions if you had any questions concerning the enclosure.

Don't forget to check out the deal section in the forum. People post up some pretty good links.

OK. I'm not a computer guy. I'm pretty much set on 4 SA-15's. They're only $940 shipped. My big 3 upgrade and MechMan alt is already paid for. Box design is pretty important to me and I don't want to pull all that out for ddiffrent speakers in a month. So if I gotta wait a month or so to get what I want I will. Just want the equipment sitting here in front of me. Should i run two SA 3500 amps in series or one large amp like a cactus 12k (both for sale on classifieds section). Once I get the speakers here I can have the guy start on the box. 2 ohm is better I'm guessing. i know I'm gonna be over budget a bit but that's what tax time is for! Anyway, amp recomendations are greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help guys, especially at 2 am.

How much power are you planning to go with? A lot or a LOT? LOL!!!

Id say if you can get your hands on the Cactus then do it. Just have fun with your build man. Keep the forum up to date with the build.

You can also look into DC audio's amps as well. They have some pretty solid stuff and nice subs too. But all is on what you'd like to get.

I'll be stuck with whatever I choose for at least a year so I figured go a little bigger to be safe. Plus I figured it's better to run a big amp and push it less instead of a smaller amp and push it everyday. Plus if I go bigger next year I can stay with the same amps, so a LOT. Lol

I'll be stuck with whatever I choose for at least a year so I figured go a little bigger to be safe. Plus I figured it's better to run a big amp and push it less instead of a smaller amp and push it everyday. Plus if I go bigger next year I can stay with the same amps, so a LOT. Lol

on that note just strap on another 3.5k and move up to ns's next year

91' CRX Si

HU - Alpine cda-7995

All stock interior

Amp - Crescendo bc3500

Subs - 4 sa 10 d1 spl's

Batt - 3 x 100 ah

149.5 Street beat

Integra Build Log

Archived