Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'll be stuck with whatever I choose for at least a year so I figured go a little bigger to be safe. Plus I figured it's better to run a big amp and push it less instead of a smaller amp and push it everyday. Plus if I go bigger next year I can stay with the same amps, so a LOT. Lol

on that note just strap on another 3.5k and move up to ns's next year

I think he mentioned that he wanted to run 2 SAZ3500D or 1 Cactus 12K amp.
Posted

What's db-r? I was looking on SSA since that was the only online dealer I could find with prices. God knows no one in jersey sells anything with sundown written on it.

Posted

I think we all want to know what your friends will have to say when your build is done.. even though we already know haha good luck with build!

Posted

db-r sells refurbed amps. saz 3500 for 750. They're speakers are a bit more than SSA though. A forum member in classifieds said he would do two SAZ 4500's for 1800 shipped, maybe better. Cactus 12k is even cheaper in classifieds. That's where my conflict lies. As far as my friends go they think it's cool when they set off car alarms. I'm trying to set off building alarms!

Posted

IMO if you like the 12k Cactus then grab it. Seems like it should feed the sundown subs good enough. But then again it will all come down to your box design. That is mainly the key to setting off building alarms.

Posted

i really dont think youre ready to run that much power...you said you have one alt? how many batts? how many runs of 1/0? a 12k or 2 4500's or hell even 2 3500's is far from a noob setup.. dont get in over your head ull regret it later on

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

Posted

I think Tank is on the right track, but then again you did make a good point aqsub. . .well. . .Tank. . .you might have to spend a lot more than expected. . .

Posted

I have one mechman alt, two optima's up front and planning on two XS in the rear. I also have an alumapro 20 farad cap laying around. As far as the wiring, I plan on gutting the interior and running all the 0 gauge I need. I def. don't want to go over my head but I don't want to be bored in a month either. Prime example would be when I bought a zx-9R and traded it in on a zx-12 two months later. If you could point out what issues I need to consider by all means point them out. I joined SMD in November and Have been learning ever since. I take all the advice I get when making big money decisions. just don't want to get stuck with something mediocre in a month.

Posted

not to mention over triple the rms on those subs..those subs are tough but the slightest amount of clipping..... not knowing when to back off.. not being able to tell if the sub is reaching its thermal/mechanical limits... POOF

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2517 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...