trying to update my samsung captivate and my laptop continues to say unknown device and Kies wont do anything. Help ?

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

Kies is bullshit.... Go to http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=703 and find something custom. Did you get the samsung usb drivers yet? I had the captivate, so I can probably walk you through this.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

so what do i do? i just want the stock 2.3 ginger bread update.

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

Have you flashed anything custom before? A lot of the users on the captivate forums are giving mixed reviews on the update... It's slower, lags more, some things don't work. It was released months ago, but people are just now getting the update text.

Make sure your phone is unplugged from the CPU

Go to http://www.attdroids.com/forum/samsung-captivate-faq/1340-samsung-captivate-usb-drivers.html and download the drivers in the first post, unzip, and install.

I'll try to dig up a 1-click update for you man.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Ok... On your phone, go to settings, go to applications, go to development. Make sure that USB debugging is checked. It will give you a warning, just accept it. Then plug it back into the CPU. Hopefully it should start installing the drivers by itself.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Hmmm... What USB cord are you using? The one that came with the phone, or a different one?

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Hmmm... What USB cord are you using? The one that came with the phone, or a different one?

came with phone

Then it should be working... Best thing to do is to read up on the XDA forums in the first link that I posted, it should have walk throughs and a lot of helpful info in there.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg