BigSix's New Build, Lincoln Town Car- Changes coming again... Downsizing a bit.

Last Weds. I got sick of Driving the Heep, Made a few calls to some of the places my company works with and scored this 1999 Town Car... fully loaded Signature series.. One old lady owner its whole life, car is clean in and out, dealer serviced and nicer than a lot of 2 or 4 year old cars I see around here. Like all things I buy it isnt staying stock for long... Its going in to get tint this week, already upgraded the headlights and the system/ install is getting figured out as I type.

IMG_20120209_174136.jpg

LincolnAzz.jpg

Currently the planned sub stage will be two Sundown SA 12s in a 4th order

(currently being designed by 412cvx)

sundown2.jpg

sundown3.jpg

Like I said above, planning on doing a 4th order that will basically be ported through the rear package tray... Once I get some sketch-ups Ill get some pics up to help get the idea across...Box is gonna has a few nice touches,a lil plexi and some etching and some LEDs....and lots of love from the router

Power for the subs is going to come from another recent purchase, DAT Hellfire 2500.1

DATcase2.jpg

DATcase.jpg

Datgutz.jpg

Mids n Highs are going to be handled by an Oxygen Audio Air 83 comp set, no pics yet, waiting on the big brown truck.

Amp to push these is going to be a Hifonics Zues zx1000.2, sadly, again no pics yet, I left the amp at my shop for some perverse reason...

Head unit is unknown at this time, going to start looking around and order something soon, any good suggestions on a a decent double din unit? Not looking for anything mega fany, doesnt even need to be DVD or touch screen, kind of thinking low key on this build.

Power department is going to consist of shoe horning a Kinetic HC2400 under the hood, and probably a pair of Deka Intimidators in the trunk...Also planning for a larger alternator as funds allow. And at least a pair of 0ga power runs to the rear, probably a ground run or two as well, any good source for spools of welding cable?... Thats all thats figured out for now, and this may even change a bit...As things progress and gear is gathered, pics will follow. Next on the list is to get the jeep sold to free up a bunch more cash to speed this along as well...Stay tuned.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Oh snap....

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Oh snap is right. I had a feeling that a 4th order would be a perfect match for you. I know how you love dem lows

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Just a small update, got the tint done yesterday......looks a little darker than it really is...

tint1.jpg

tint2.jpg

tint3.jpg

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

I would never in a million years think that that car would be ground pounding. i would expect the window to go down and see someone's grandma. ;-)

LMAO thanks man.... Im loving my grandpa mobile... its like driving around a lazy boy.

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Well... finally got a bunch more of the gear Ill need together, went and dropped a bunch of cash yesterday on a bunch of 0ga, grabbed some anl fuse holders, a couple 200amp fuses, some rca's, a pac lc1, a gang of 0ga ring terminals, zip ties etc.... Also got a head unit in it finally, not happy with the dash kit though.. might fab up my own from fiberglass.

According to the tracking number my Oxygen audio shit should be waiting for me when I get home tonight... Time to get this ball rolling finally... Pics of the gear will be up later tonight hopefully, and some real progress should start this weekend...

First up is to run power, then get the 4th order built... after that is in and playing it will be time to figure our the 'glass work for the front door panels.. woo hoo.. got an 8, a 4.25 and a tweet going in each front door, might add another oxygen 2 way comp set to the rear doors... time will tell. Keep an eye out for pics as I get them posted...

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

New goodies are here!!! I think I sped the whole way home from work.... I love opening boxes.

The fed-ex guy brought my front stage today while I was at the jobby-job

o2box.jpg

Oxygen Audio AIR 83 3 way comp set... an 8, a 4.25 and a tweet for each front door.

o2gear.jpg

The 8's look nice

o2eight.jpg

o2eightback.jpg

4.25s have a cool little cup to keep them Isolated

o2425.jpg

o2425cup.jpg

tweets are aim-able in their cups

o2tweet.jpg

3 way passive crossovers with adj. slopes for 4.25 and tweet

o2crossover.jpg

came with lots of install goodies and speaker wire too...

o2goodies.jpg

I like the grills, just the right amount of tacky to look right in the town car...

o2grill.jpg

I'm planning on re building entire bottom of the front doors out of 'glass

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Archived