Silverado single cab, iPad 2 in the dash coming soon, DC 270 amp, custom AQ2200, Custom Sundown Nightshade 15"

finally got some progress pics.

first off let me say that i HATE sanding this bezel because the previous owner was an IDIOT in the sense of, heres what im sanding off..

1)clear coat

2)coat of ugly ass green

3)sanded clear coat which is painted over a

4)coat of red

5)primer

then i get to the plastic.. ive spent 4 hours sanding at this point, AH! :WTFBubble: all i have to say is, thank the Lord for a DA sander, if i was doing this by hand.......

but heres some pics

after a hour and a halfs worth of sanding.

photo10.jpg

where it sits now, after about 3 and a half hours of sanding

photo7-1.jpg

took the factory mids out of the door. the surround was falling all over me when i took it out.. hahaha

photo8-1.jpg

heres some of my door speakers, top is the JL 5.25, middle is the Alpine type X midbass, and the factory speaker, still waiting on my 6.5 JL's:(

photo6-1.jpg

this is what I want my next ipad dash to look similar too.

DSC00828.jpg

Should have some updates pretty quick here. Dash is almost all sanded down, been helping my boy gettin a iPad dash on his Durango. But soon soon soon, starting the doors pretty quick also,

And the best part! The guy who's wiring my truck up will be picking it up this week and I should have it back within a week, I'm guessing , not this weekend but next weekend we will start building the box!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

finally have an update.. alot of bullshit been going on with the truck, pretty much replaced the whole fucking thing minus the rear end.... crazy but ANYWAYS, spending ALL the rest of my money on my getting my system in and tint, so FUCK it... rims and paint coming later but i NEEED bass like crazy, anyways.. taught myself to fiberglass, did my doors, there coming along nicely, ordered alot of parts, did alot of mods.. lets let the pics so the talking..

thought that the 6.5 looked better up top, these will be getting wrapped in suede along with most other pieces in the truck..

photo12.jpg

need more pics of these there basically done now

photo14.jpg

tinted the tail lights

photo32.jpg

first coat

photo31.jpg

finished

photo28.jpg

stuff i fabricated

EQ was a perfect fit in the slot

photo35.jpg

in the process of doing this piece on my center console... AC controls on top, radio on bottom

photo30.jpg

onto the system goodiezzzz

DC Level 4 15's

photo22.jpg

DAT AZZZZZZ :partybanana:

photo21.jpg

Alpine 5.25s that are going up in the B pillar by my ears, Those JL c2 Comp 5.25s are going in the doors, then the 360.4 JL amp to run the highs, NOT pictured are my JL Audio 6.5 Comps

photo20.jpg

AQ2200D

photo19.jpg

Deck (Kenwood x994) and EQ (Clarion EQS 746), Ipad will be ran to the EQs aux input, for volume control..

photo18.jpg

Then if for whatever reason I dont have my iPad then im gonna put this dock somwhere and run the USB to the rear of the head unit, I ALWAYS will have my iPhone with me therefore if i dont have my iPad i will always have a source for music. I HATE the radio.. lol The red RCA's are for the EQ and the head unit to be linked up

photo16.jpg

Random install sheeit

Audio Technix 60 mill, 50 sqaure feet..

photo24.jpg

SHOK fuses and Holders, i know this company is fairly new but damn do they make a good product, everyone i hear loves their product, i will deff be a return customer, these holders are BEEFY and really heavy, good product.

photo17.jpg

best part of the build, iPad, gotta have some DECAF

photo15.jpg

some door handle cranks i picked up, thinking I may paint the aluminum the exterior body color of the truck along with a few other insert pieces of my truck..

photo13.jpg

needed a new lower valance

photo25.jpg

sadly ended up needing a new 4.3 motor but that should be finished up today.. old motor had 143xxx miles, and was a stock 5 speed, swapped in this 90k 4.3 with a 4l60e(auto)

photo34.jpg

all my money i was planning on droppin on rims and paint went to a new fuel pump, the labor for the motor swap, the new motor and trans, new cluster, new driveshaft, steering column, new crossmember(wasnt compatible with the auto trans), had to also buy a e-brake cable because it was snapped.. a lot of shit has happened the past month or so and just MURDERED my wallet, thats why i havent updated the build... but hey, thats life. anyways, should be getting the truck running today, dropped the fule pump in last night, just need to wire up a 02 sensor, drop the driveshaft in, make sure everything is good, then put the column and new ebrake in and we will be in business... today will be busy none the less. but ill finally have my baby back and we can get this damn install on the way...

Archived