Sonic Electronix

1998 2 door tahoe 2 W7 way louder up!!!

Was messing with my buddys setup where i built him a ported box for his 2 12 jl audio w7 on 2400rms port and sub facing the rear to the hatch. This setup sounds very tight and loud and clear.

For kicks picked up and stood his box up with both subs and port facing the roof (which even stock is extremely solid just get a thump when i bang on it), and MAN very nice difference in bass clarity, already was clear and got clearer, and overall loudness. The lows hit harder and way cleaner.

Question is why was there a big difference by me pointing the subs up, was it the roof? is there something wrong with the subs pointing to the hatch? why do the bass waves sound different going to the hatch than to the roof?

I really want to figure this out since my yukon 07 sounds horrible compared to his (i have 2 kicker cvx 15's port and subs to rear hatch built within spec) gains set right and clean but i get a tinny not tight bass and my roof and fenders rattle nasty and im now thinking maybe its because the subs are not pointing at anything solid? Any help?

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

general idea for suvs and hatchbacks is subs up port back.. or subs and port up ..

just helps with loading issues n such

never ever done subs and port back in a suv.. subs up port back or subs and port up

edit and with the rattle.. thats obviously a common issue.. any subs will make metal move.. do some spray foam and deadener..

i couldnt even imagine what a suv sounds like with no deadenr.. rattle city

Edited by getlocivic

Messed with my box today and picked it up and pointed both subs and port up to the roof. It got slightly less loud but it did clear some rattles from the outside, maybe due to it being slightly less louder maybe.

Dont know if i should first deaden the back then try my box facing back again or just rebuild a box pointing subs up port back.

Usually my reason for doing subs and port back is because boxes have more resale value in my experience if i get bored.

Definately thinking about redoing my setup and go subs up port back now or deaden or both.

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31