Second Skin Audio

4th order or 6th order?

sodfamily

Okay i started a new built and have my shell built and i have just under 24 cubes to work with. I have 6 sa 15's and 4 saz1500 that i am working with. Electrcial is good.

Here are the 3 4th order setups, plan on inverting all subs so that the backs are in the center chamber.

1st: 5.02 per sealed side with a common chamber of 10.8. this is with our sub and any port displacemnt in the common.

2nd: 5.56 per sealed side with a common chamber of 9.84 this is with our sub and any port displacemnt in the common.

3rd: 6.11 per sealed side with a common chamber of 8.92 this is with our sub and any port displacemnt in the common.

But i am very interested in maybe doing a series tuned 6th order with just 4 of the 15's. Can anyone give me some ideas on what kind of space i would be needing for this and tuning on the rear chamber and tuning on the common chamber. Any rule of thumb to follow with 6th orders? Tried and true methods? Basically anything..

Head Unit: Alpine CDA 9887

Sub Amps: 4 RF2500's

Subs: 8 SA-12's Walled

Comp Amp: 1 RF600.2 (for now)

Comps: (4) 6.5 Punch Mid Pros and 2 Punch Pro Tweeters

Batteries: (1) XS D5100 (5) D3100

Power Cables: 2 runs of 2/0 power and ground each front to back(Try-Star)

Alternator: Dual Mechman Rhino 250's

Deadener: Fatmat / Damplifier Pro

whats with all the different chamber sizes?

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

whats with all the different chamber sizes?

It is just a couple of options, I was just working with some numbers and came up with those ratio's.

Head Unit: Alpine CDA 9887

Sub Amps: 4 RF2500's

Subs: 8 SA-12's Walled

Comp Amp: 1 RF600.2 (for now)

Comps: (4) 6.5 Punch Mid Pros and 2 Punch Pro Tweeters

Batteries: (1) XS D5100 (5) D3100

Power Cables: 2 runs of 2/0 power and ground each front to back(Try-Star)

Alternator: Dual Mechman Rhino 250's

Deadener: Fatmat / Damplifier Pro

Archived