Sundown Audio

Rockford Fosgate R600-5

Sergeant_Skyrim

Alright, couple quick questions about this amp. First though, here's the link to the Rockford site giving specs, etc:

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.aspx?itemid=118749

Now, I've got 2 Kicker Comps (4-Ohm single voice coil models) that I've got wired to 200 watts @ 2-ohms right now. I was looking at this new amp for a couple reasons. First of all, to give my subs the full 300 watts RMS rating they can take. Second, I think my amp is starting to crap out (MTX RTP251D model I've had since '06).

This new Rockford amp says that it's capable of putting out 300 watts at 2-ohms with 75 watts through 4 channels at 2-ohms as well, and 50 watts through 4 channels at 4-ohms and 200 watts at 4-ohms. Now, will I be able to do a combination of the sub wired to the amp so it'll get 300 watts at 2-ohms and then 4 speakers getting 50 watts at 4-ohms? Or is it an either 4-ohm or 2-ohm decision completely? And if it is an "either or" situation, then does anybody happen to know of any speakers that run at 2-ohms that can handle 75 watts a piece and are reasonably priced?

Thanks to anybody who can help!

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

Archived