Jump to content

Sergeant_Skyrim

Members
  • Posts

    1265
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Sergeant_Skyrim

  1. Correct, but maybe only one the power supply shits the bed and fuses blow before more damage is done to the amp. Cool?
  2. Thinking about it from a safety standpoint you'd want to fuse to the manufacturer's specifications. Meaning that you'd be looking for 4 117.5a fuses (which don't exist). Skar actually has their own 120a fuses you could do though. The reason you'd want to do this is so that if the amplifier tries pulling more amperage than it's rated for you should pop the fuses before damaging the amp. If you're only fusing to protect the cables being shorted between the battery-amp connection though then probably just fuse to the size of the wire which would be 300a most likely.
  3. Any way to start up a preorder interest list? I've seen quite a few people on fb and forums asking about it, I'd be in to preorder a roll or two
  4. Well I'd be interested in some 2/0 or 1/0 OFC, that's for sure. At least one roll, probably two just so I don't run into the issue of not having it when future upgrades come around
  5. Also interested, pm'd on FB and asked about it and was told there weren't plans to do another run unless DroppinHz asked for another. I've already sent an email through dhz website but no reply yet, we'd probably be better off asking cody
  6. You'd be fine just adding other batteries. Make no difference having D series and Xp batteries in your bank unless you want to get OCD about it Just to clarify the XP series as a starter battery though, I want to say I read they're just not meant for under the hood use because they are not as tolerant of heat as the D series are. The D series are built beefier and are able to be used BOTH under the hood AND in a bank. The XP series is ONLY to be used in a bank, away from the heat of the engine. I'm pretty sure you'd be fine running an XP series battery as your singular main starting battery as well, I had one XP3000 as the only battery in my Cavalier for a while a couple of years ago before I beefed up my bank and it worked just fine. The only difference being it was in the trunk, NOT under the engine. Tl;dr-D series able to be used under the hood and in the back in a bank; XP series for locations away from heat ONLY(such as trunk, interior of vehicle, NOT under the hood).
  7. Mine's signed too, bought it in 2012 it has the '12 as well. Could've just been sitting, never used? Although I don't think using it would really affect the value, you hooked it up, set gain, and take it off not really any abuse. Think the signing thing was a limited time deal, weren't they started up in 2012? Think it was just a bonus for being one of the first to buy it iirc
  8. Not sure if it's the same as normal mounting diameter, but if somebody could help me out I'd appreciate it. Just want to make sure I get the cut right and clean the first time, they'll be inverted and want to be sure surround won't be rubbing. Thanks!
  9. Damn you FL and your rain! Especially when I was on such a motivated streak to get this wall done :(

    1. poorfish88

      poorfish88

      No rain in St. pete. te he

    2. Sergeant_Skyrim

      Sergeant_Skyrim

      I'm in polk county at the moment, these clouds are looking like I'll get everything plugged in and ready then have to immediately put it away...rain rain go away!

    3. Tecomah

      Tecomah

      Nice to see some Florida bassheads.

  10. If this is still a thing (thread is still pinned), then could I get mine changed to "Sergeant_Skyrim" please? Just to match with my PS3 and other sites I use usernames
  11. Hey...I heard you're looking to adopt a second child for that fire truck powerwheels?
  12. Had a guy I was buying an XP3000 and 2000 from locally few months back get mad at me when I set the XP3000 on the ground to grab the cash out of my pocket. He was freaking out thinking that I was going to blame him for a bad batt after I killed it by setting it on the ground or something lol
  13. Wasn't scheduled yesterday. Somebody ended up giving me $30 to take their shift, then I got another 20 to stay and close. Took 36 deliveries and made 182 on top of that 50. Happy Valentine's Day to myself!

  14. Boooo I was lied to! I can't be the only one hoping a tire was going to blow out or somebody was going to cut him off and make him flip...best chase my ass
  15. Just make sure the way it's designed the motors won't be choking the air flow on the inside of the box. Can't remember who it was but somebody was saying they made that mistake when they did theirs. Ended up crumpling the cone or something like that. Basically make sure there's enough space around the motors for air to flow and you should be good if everything else checks out
  16. 2, 4, 7, and 9. 2 for lol 4 is simple 7 my favorite, as long as color could be switched between say red to blue 9 seems like a cool concept, maybe those outlines could be of subs? Just my opinions, great work to all of the people who submitted these designs!
  17. So. Much. Money. Spent. At least I shouldn't have to worry about anything else for a LONG time

    1. Show previous comments  3 more
    2. Sergeant_Skyrim

      Sergeant_Skyrim

      Oh believe you me, it will fit! And I don't have a 2 door cav...yet ;)

    3. Steua

      Steua

      Hopefully, both of us will be playing by the Crescendo show on Jan 19.

    4. Sergeant_Skyrim

      Sergeant_Skyrim

      Oh jesus, that sounds so close lol. Got around to working on some stuff today at least, gonna be a long road

  18. So did you guys know that it's actually beneficial to the life of your computer to clean the screen from the inside? My IT buddy showed me how to clean it, check it out: http://www.formation-massage-stage.fr//outils/nettoyeurecran/cleanscreen.swf

  19. Decisions decisions...those LVL 6 18s are looking pretty good and say 4500 RMS a piece. Would require same airspace for 2 as it would for the 4 12" Zcons I was planning (already have 2) and would fit with my DC9k just as perfectly. Just wish I could hear LVL 6s in person to make a judgement call :/

    1. Sergeant_Skyrim

      Sergeant_Skyrim

      If only I hadn't seen the 10% off for first 100 SHCA orders I would not be in this predicament haha

    2. SnowDrifter

      SnowDrifter

      A team mate is doing a 156 sealed at 28hz with a pair. Sounded very good if I do say so myself

    3. Sergeant_Skyrim

      Sergeant_Skyrim

      Was that the 6th order I saw on YT? Tried looking up some vids and didn't see as much as I'd hope. Realized I don't have funds atm for them anyways, need the money for batts for now

  20. That time of the semester for group projects to start being due...oh joy. One more semester...

  21. Between those 2, I'd shoot for the 3000. You're gonna be pulling more current than your alt can supply, best to get the biggest you can
  22. Rear view cameras? Any people with walls here have one? Would be a lot more visibility than a square foot of plexi in the rear of the wall through 5% tint...

    1. Jessica

      Jessica

      No camera, I don't even care.

    2. ChevyBoy95

      ChevyBoy95

      dont need them really. the mirrors on my truck can peek around the sides of the bed a bit. If you get the little globe looking mirror add on you can see pretty much everything.

    3. Sergeant_Skyrim

      Sergeant_Skyrim

      Would rather be safe than sorry but I don't even know the first thing about these cameras :/

  23. 18 cubic feet gross to work with inside of the shell. Hmm...

    1. Show previous comments  2 more
    2. Sergeant_Skyrim

      Sergeant_Skyrim

      Keep in mind this is just the air space inside of the shell. No woofer or wood volume for the actual "box" is being taken into account. Plan for now is 2 more 12 inch Zcons but I've also been looking at Team Fi 15s LOL

    3. Kyblack76
    4. Sergeant_Skyrim

      Sergeant_Skyrim

      Don't know if I've got enough space for two of those big boy subs Kyle...let's be realistic here. Was thinking a pair of PWX6s?

×
×
  • Create New...