Second Skin Audio

New system.

I just found this, and it sounds like a good deal, for a real low budget system?

http://www.amazon.co...IN%3DB001JECAM2

I got an MTX prefab enclosure deal back in '06 with 2 12s and a 200 watt (pretty sure they advertised more) amp that all came together. Wasn't really impressed at all, especially since I made the new ported box for them and realized that they used shit wood for their prefab box. If you were to go with this option, I'd definitely recommend building your own box for them as it'll sound much better and shouldn't flex as much (The shit box mine came in flexed like crazy)

All in all, I wouldn't get anything that comes in a prefab box, just save some money and build your own box which will also yield better results soundwise

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

kenwood is decent low budget stuff. most of their amps don't do rated, and can't say much for their subs either, but if you've got such a small budget, just pick a sub and amp and build your own box. that's what will make all the difference.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Yeah, I've seen others say it a million times before and I'm gonna agree with the guy above. With this being a low budget build it's really just going to come down to the box. Get a good design depending on what you're looking for (i.e. tune to what type of music you listen to) and you should be happy with the results. I've never built anything in my life, but this past winter break my dad and I built the ported box that I've got now. Sure it looks like crap, but it performs sooooo much better than going with the prefab box I had. And even though some measurements ended up being off, I'm happy with it.

EDIT: I've heard from a couple people that it even sounds pretty good for being 2 Kicker Comps on only 200 watts as well. And that's what the amp is supposed to be rated at, who knows how much power I'm actually seeing. Box made all the difference for me with a low budget

Edited by iChrisTucker

I have no idea how to even build a box or anything, would'nt know where to start.

Im just going to go with the Kenwood w3013ps's

and I just need help with the help. I need to see what I can do with the box.

That's what I'm saying. I had no idea how to build a box but I just asked on here, learned how to use the Torres Calculator, and went at it. That's pretty much all it'll take man, as long as you're willing to put in a little bit of extra work you'll find the result to be cheaper and more rewarding

talk to 412 cvx. He can hook you up with a killer box design!

there is some VERY hard headed people out there. Anyone who says a DD-1 isnt necessary is also saying an O-scope isnt necessary. Anyone who says an O-scope IN THE MINIMUM isnt necessary, is a noob. Forget the DD-1 for a minute, any reputable installer will at LEAST use an O-scope. Those guys in that thread are clowns. Hard headed clowns.

Shoot me a PM with your max dimensions. i'll design a box for you. give you a 3d model and everything so you can see how to build it.

like this

HDC315.png

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.