Second Skin Audio

Box help!!

Thats not the answer I wanted to hear Joe! Itll be quite a while before I can spend some more more money on another set of subs. And my calculations were way off. Its actually 16hx26dx40w... Is there ANY way besides a wall? This is a family car and need the back seat. Dont wanna give up the subs either

Thats not the answer I wanted to hear Joe! Itll be quite a while before I can spend some more more money on another set of subs. And my calculations were way off. Its actually 16hx26dx40w... Is there ANY way besides a wall? This is a family car and need the back seat. Dont wanna give up the subs either

Modified the my original post, the design can work but I would strongly recommend to call or email these guys up for specs, about 3.3 cubes net per sub will be in the short side but is all you got.

I read somewhere that they use like 3 to 4 cubes each around 36-38 hz. Im not looking for competiton, Jus something to blast the spinal cord and keep the kids in awe!!

If you don't have the time to research further the the suggestion I gave you will be acceptable for a daily setup, if you had more space I would use it, you are at about 3.3 cubic feet per sub. These are 1,5KW rms subs with high peak to rms ratio so crossbraces are necessary as indicated in the design post, if you came by more specific infos like t/s parameters that would help to confirm the performance of the design would be great.

• 3 weeks later...

If you don't have the time to research further the the suggestion I gave you will be acceptable for a daily setup, if you had more space I would use it, you are at about 3.3 cubic feet per sub. These are 1,5KW rms subs with high peak to rms ratio so crossbraces are necessary as indicated in the design post, if you came by more specific infos like t/s parameters that would help to confirm the performance of the design would be great.

Hey Joe X. I went ahead and bought a nice 2001 Bravada. I need port back and subs up. Port preferably in the middle. I have 34dx37wx20h I can work with. Need it tuned to around 34-36 hz. Please help a fellow member,out..

So ok here is a new box, port back subs up, if you happen to find specs on this subs let me know, could let me optimize the design:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 35.041 Hz

Vb = 8.086 ft^3

External Height = 18.75 in

External Width = 36 in

External Depth = 34 in

Port Width = 4 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

2 x Top & Bottom (3 parts) = 36 x 34

Left & Right Sides = 32 1/2 x 16 1/2

Front & Back = 36 x 16 1/2

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 25 x 34 1/2

2x15SUPB.jpg

Top to bottom bracing is recommended, a couple of metallic dowel rods will do.

An alternative can be using aero ports, could make the box slightly smaller.

Edited by Joe X

That looks great. My question is, is there a sound difference with the port being on the bottom like that verses a vertical port in the middle? Just curious, never had one or seen one in person for that matter..

Also, I finally got ahold of someone over at Five Star and Bob said for the Extreme 15's, they take 3-1/2 cf per sub so 7 cubes at 36 hz. Thats all he gave me