Second Skin Audio

Subwoofer box build

hey guys new to building boxes looking for some help with this one. i wanna build 2 seperate boxes to hold 2 tens each. would really like for them to be ported and thats where my problems start. i am sorta limted to the space in my trunk. im goin to be running them off a re audio 4000w amp. my width inbetween wheel wells is 36". and 52" trunk side to side. i am not sure to face the subs into the cabin or towards the trunk. if i use the full side to side trunk i have to work something out for the trunk to close(any suggestions on how to do this) i had a couple ideas in mind but am kinda stuck. i like this box but would the centre subs faceing inwards like that effect anything.dodgebassheads410s.jpg

I don't think it will affect anything, and you should just make one box, and to figure out how to port it download torres box calculator, and put in your values. As for the truck closing, i cant help you i have only owned suv's.

The Midget Looks Into Your Soul

2008 Dodge am 3500HD with the 6.7 Cummins

Race Me tuner, dpf deleted

kenwood double din

cheap walmart speakers for now(infinity reference comps comps coming soon)

2 kicker L5's in a ported box of unknown tuning lol(soon to be changed)

Power acoustic 1500.1 on the subs (for now)

Thanks dax. yea i have been thinking about makeing it one big chamber. been looking around for some idea and saw the build twistedchild420 posted on youtube of the 4dad 10S in the jetta trunk thinking i might go with somehting like that. i think i figured out the trunk closeing and yea this is my first trunk build to.http://youtu.be/anq8sRVGW2U any body got any idea how theyd calculate the port on this box?

I could've swore I saw that box build a while back...wouldn't the center one cause cancellation issues?

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

I could've swore I saw that box build a while back...wouldn't the center one cause cancellation issues?

I'd think it'd only cause cancellation issues if they're angled facing each other. If they're a certain angle apart (let's just say 90 degrees or more) then I think they should be fine. But not sure either, maybe somebody with more knowledge will chime in

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

yea it was a design mazdaspl posted for a guy looking for a box with about the same trunk space as me and 4 10s. also anybody no witch would be better building the box faceing the cabin or faceing trunk. i have dynamat in my trunk and plan on getting some more this spring

Well if the box is pretty much going to fill up the trunk, I'd think that facing it forward would be the way to go as it'd be nearly sealed off already from the box filling the trunk, right? Or is there something I'm missing here?
ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

yea it was a design mazdaspl posted for a guy looking for a box with about the same trunk space as me and 4 10s. also anybody no witch would be better building the box faceing the cabin or faceing trunk. i have dynamat in my trunk and plan on getting some more this spring

Well if the box is pretty much going to fill up the trunk, I'd think that facing it forward would be the way to go as it'd be nearly sealed off already from the box filling the trunk, right? Or is there something I'm missing here?

no thats wny i was thinking about faceing the subs to the cabin. would i have to finish sealing of the little spots around the box for better results? also i was looking at the box that was in twistedchilds vid in the link i posted would inverting the 2 outter subs like thank effect anything? would u have to change polarity? really like the looks of that Edited by Kickercivic