Second Skin Audio

Port length on custom box

and 412 cvx tell me how many cubes it is seeing how you cant see the whole box

dont jump at anybody. You dont even know how big it is. You said you THINK its 10 cubes. and even 1 6inch aero wont be enough... just restart your box dude and actually plan it out before you start.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

im not jumping on anyone. just how can you say thats definatly not big enough when you can see the whole thing...

so lets see with 2 6" ports, how long do they need to be. I made this box fit, ill make the ports work

Can you do everybody a favor and break out a tape measure and tell us the internal dimensions of your box? You're not getting anywhere with hypothesis and conjecture...this is science, after all. :good:

"Cheap, good or fast. You can only pick two out of three."

"Have money? Love story! No money? I'm sorry."

I said:

unless i'm missing something, there's no way in hell that box is 10 cubes.

and i know from the hundreds of designs i've done, that 2 single six inch aeros is about half the port area you need for a 10 cubic foot box IF it's even 10 cubes anyways, which i highly doubt. hell a lot of SUV's i've worked with struggle to get 10 cubes out of their cargo space. and seeing as that box is only taking up about half of your trunk, i'm willing to bet it's not 10 cubes.

There are VERY VERY few cases where people can fit 2 18's in their trunk. i've seen one infinite baffle setup, and another that i'm pretty sure was sealed.

this is why it's important to plan out ALL aspects of your system carefully before you dive in headfirst.

now, if you're lucky i could see you maybe being able to fit a single 18 in a ported box if it was firing into the cabin.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

I said:

unless i'm missing something, there's no way in hell that box is 10 cubes.

and i know from the hundreds of designs i've done, that 2 single six inch aeros is about half the port area you need for a 10 cubic foot box IF it's even 10 cubes anyways, which i highly doubt. hell a lot of SUV's i've worked with struggle to get 10 cubes out of their cargo space. and seeing as that box is only taking up about half of your trunk, i'm willing to bet it's not 10 cubes.

There are VERY VERY few cases where people can fit 2 18's in their trunk. i've seen one infinite baffle setup, and another that i'm pretty sure was sealed.

this is why it's important to plan out ALL aspects of your system carefully before you dive in headfirst.

now, if you're lucky i could see you maybe being able to fit a single 18 in a ported box if it was firing into the cabin.

I agree with this, I have to go halfway up my window line in my wagon just to fit 10 cubes.... Theres no way you're fitting that in your trunk with half of it empty....

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

after port and sub displacement youd be at like 1 cube lol....

take out a 18, put a piece of mdf over the hole and put aero ports there and call it a day. sorry but you should have planned this out... or you can wall it....

and you put those screws way to close to the edge, out them right in the middle of the piece of mdf

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic