Truck Won't Start.

Isn't it behind the passenger wheel?

:lol:

Thats what went out on me last season. yeah it goes right behind the motor by the distributor. becareful not to drop the screws. its plugs in there. also make sure to apply that white electrical goo so that it can desepate the heat.

:lol:

Thats what went out on me last season. yeah it goes right behind the motor by the distributor. becareful not to drop the screws. its plugs in there. also make sure to apply that white electrical goo so that it can desepate the heat.

dielectric grease.

btw, i thought my fuel pump went on my truck too recently. long story short, it was my ignition coil. heres what ya do. find your coil, and pull the wire. take a screwdriver and put it down on the electrical contact on the coil, and touch the end of the wire (bare metal) to the screwdriver. (hold the plastic unless you want to get shocked) and have someone try to turn the engine over. if you see spark, its not a coil.

if that dont work, then disconnect your inline fuel filter, and have someone turn the key (just to the "on" position) and see if gas comes through the line. thatll tell you if your pump is shot.

if those dont work, start with the distributor cap. pull that off and check to see if the contacts are corroded. also on the rotor.

if all else fails, come back and let us know :D

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

dielectric grease.

btw, i thought my fuel pump went on my truck too recently. long story short, it was my ignition coil. heres what ya do. find your coil, and pull the wire. take a screwdriver and put it down on the electrical contact on the coil, and touch the end of the wire (bare metal) to the screwdriver. (hold the plastic unless you want to get shocked) and have someone try to turn the engine over. if you see spark, its not a coil.

if that dont work, then disconnect your inline fuel filter, and have someone turn the key (just to the "on" position) and see if gas comes through the line. thatll tell you if your pump is shot.

if those dont work, start with the distributor cap. pull that off and check to see if the contacts are corroded. also on the rotor.

if all else fails, come back and let us know :D

He has a '92 so it might be a mechanical fuel pump. I'm not sure.

dielectric grease..... thanks for that one.

I just have to find it <_<

just trace the spark plus wires. six or four (not sure if you got a six or four cylinder) should go to spark plugs. the last or center one should go to a coil. could look like a cylinder or a block.

Archived