DC Sound Lab

Trying to build a box for my level 2 12inch

Hey everyone, newbie to the forums here and looking for some guidance. I have a 2012 civic lx coupe and bought a whole setup for it. I have a 12'' dc level 2 sub, but I still need to make a box. I want to make the box absolutely perfect, so I came here for help. I have all the tools and skill to make a box but not sure on what dimensions to use. I measured out in my trunk I can fit at the maximum a 15x15x30 box. I know I want to have a port but not sure exactly on how to go abouts making it.

I did come across a sub box calculator but I have NO idea on what information to put in this. Anyone think they can give me a hand?

Calculator:

518pp0.png

DC Sub stats for a 12'':

9rllxy.png

Thanks!

Enter the fields of that Torres calculator(which is the box maker you found) as follows: Height-15" Width-24" Depth-15". Make your port height 13.5"(to take into account that the top plate of the box and bottom are both 3/4" birch or MDF) and Width-2". The port length should be 28 inches(it will turn 90 degrees and head down the width of the box inside) and that should put you tuned in the LOW 36 Hz range after displacement of the sub AND the L-port. You're welcome :)

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Here is the box and specs I came up with for my setup.

Edit- I'm getting a level 2 12" as well and I'm going to put about 700 rms to it.

BOXCALC2.jpg

And here is the sketch up I made of it:

boxsketchup.jpg

Hope this helps man!

Edited by sprkn_ranger

Thanks a ton guys! sprkin_ranger I'm going to use your box design, looks really nice!

Thanks! Post pictures of the box when your done :good: