Sundown Audio

Can i link 3 amps together?

Terry David

nope. i think the only amps your can strap more than 2 is the RF's i do believe

umm no. All your doing with rockford amps are daisy chianing them together. You are not linking or strapping or combining 2 amps together to make 1 amp that puts out a large amount of power.

Its a huge difference.

You can only strap 2 amps together at one time.

However the new B2 amplifiers can have a Master, and 2 slaves, and are the only amps, as well as the first amps that have the ability to strap 3 amps together.

166936_2639741523027_1540201004_31801380_879937219_n.jpg

nope. i think the only amps your can strap more than 2 is the RF's i do believe

umm no. All your doing with rockford amps are daisy chianing them together. You are not linking or strapping or combining 2 amps together to make 1 amp that puts out a large amount of power.

Its a huge difference.

You can only strap 2 amps together at one time.

However the new B2 amplifiers can have a Master, and 2 slaves, and are the only amps, as well as the first amps that have the ability to strap 3 amps together.

166936_2639741523027_1540201004_31801380_879937219_n.jpg

I was close lol. I remember hearing something about being able to run 3 amps but wasnt for sure if it was strapped or just chaining them together

But i didnt know that B2 had that going on. Might have to take another look into running them just for that reason

Edited by 9515ROB

- 1998 Ford Mustang -

Time to rebuild.

4 15s and alot of power

TEAM DTF

maxxlink? or no

maxxlinks are garbage, I fixed mine 3 times before giving up on them.

Even still maxxlink or not, you can only strap 2 amps together at once (unless the new b2 audio amps).

While you can control up to 10amps with a maxxlink all your doing is strapping 5 pairs of amps together which can be done with out the maxxlink.

All the maxxlink is gaining you is setting the crossovers up on the maxxlink so all amps are running the same crossover settings.

You still have to physically volt match all amps so they put out the same power anyways so the maxxlink is gaining you nothing there.

With the new tools such as the CC-1 and DD-1 you can set amps up all the same without the use of a maxxlink now.