I bought a Viper 5704 for my 03 Cadillac Seville SLS. I figured I would have Best Buy or a local shop install it for me for around the $200 range I had seen. When I called Best Buy today I was told it would be at least $300 if they used my bypass or $400 if they used theirs. I am not complaining about the price of the installation because I know it is going to be labor intensive.

I have never installed an alarm before, nor a remote start. I have installed window regulators, HID upgrades, and other various car audio components. I am wondering if this is too big of a project for me, or is it not THAT hard if I take my time and follow the steps?

I found the Wiring diagram from this forum which gives me all of the wires... http://www.directwholesale.net/diagrams/diagram.asp?ModelID=15320&MakeID=12&link=DW

What do you think?

2004 Pontiac Vibe Build

Sony MEX-N5000BT

JBL P660C x 2

Sundown Audio Zv4 18

Crescendo BC2000D

Crescendo S800/4

Execution Audio 0 AWG Wire

Sky High Car Audio RCA's

Toolmaker Terminals

XS Power D1200

DC Power 240HP Alternator

Viper 5706

alarms i have done before its not that bad but the remote start part can be a bitch and if your not sure on what your doing you can mess up your car and have the possibility of it not starting and costing you money to fix then the install ,alarm/remote start is anywhere from a 5-8hr job depends on the car and how good you are with wiring it in reason why the retail price of a 5704 is $599 at shops is cause installion is included you really dont save much buying it online vs store unless you can do it yourself ,also some cars needs the factory alarm reprogrammed or deactivated so your car works with the new alarm if your not sure leave it to the pros.

TEAM 420

TEAM MAXXSONICS

TEAM DC AUDIO

TEAM XS Power

SS 1-2 3rd PLACE 2007 INDY "REGIONALS" 163.9db

SS 1-2 1ST PLACE INDY AND 2008 NATIONAL CHAMPION.

AlphaDamp CLD Mat - Get more Sound Deadening with less Sound Deadener

remote starts on that year of gm can be a bitch, only because of the passlock 2 for that year specifically but other than that easy as pie, half hour install if you know what youre doing, most gms just do a one data line from bypass to the pin 2 of OBD2 connector (purple wire)

pm me if you want specifics, i can send specific wiring info and bypass wiring. well worth it to do yourself and saving the money.

ill need to know which bypass you are using as well

chevrolet all day er day.

'81 camaro z28 performance

'03 silverado ext cab show and go

Thanks for the responses. I am actually going to take it to a local shop. An old coworker of mine works there and is going to install everything for me for a good price. I figure since I have the money I shouldn't deal with the headache. Thanks guys.

2004 Pontiac Vibe Build

Sony MEX-N5000BT

JBL P660C x 2

Sundown Audio Zv4 18

Crescendo BC2000D

Crescendo S800/4

Sky High Car Audio RCA's

Toolmaker Terminals

XS Power D1200

Viper 5706

• 2 weeks later...

They got everything installed in less than 3 hours. I couldn't be happier.

2004 Pontiac Vibe Build

Sony MEX-N5000BT

JBL P660C x 2

Sundown Audio Zv4 18

Crescendo BC2000D

Crescendo S800/4

Sky High Car Audio RCA's

Toolmaker Terminals

XS Power D1200

Viper 5706