Second Skin Audio

Need box design for single aq hdc3 18

I need box design and needs to be simple(my first box build) 32hz not sure on cubic feet I've heard like 6-6.5

Just need a cutsheet nothing special

L-46

W-26

D- 26 and under.

Amp is ap 1500 at 1 ohm need ASAP thanks I'm advance

05 trailblazer

Sub-3 Aq hdc3 18 with psi recones (need motors hmu)

Sub amps- 2 Lanzar opti 3200

I need box design and needs to be simple(my first box build) 32hz not sure on cubic feet I've heard like 6-6.5

Just need a cutsheet nothing special

L-46

W-26

D- 26 and under.

Amp is ap 1500 at 1 ohm need ASAP thanks I'm advance

Ok here is a quick suggestion 32Hz seems too low for that sub (35-38 is usually used):

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 32 Hz

Vb = 6.017 ft^3

Subwoofer Mounting = Flush Mounted

External Height = 22 in

External Width = 31.75 in

External Depth = 26 in

Port Width = 5 in

Cut List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

Front = 26 x 20 1/2

Front Internal = 24 1/2 x 20 1/2

Back = 31 3/4 x 20 1/2

Left & Right Sides:

Side 1 = 24 1/2 x 20 1/2

Side 2 = 25 1/4 x 20 1/2

Top & Bottom = 31 3/4 x 26

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 19 1/2 x 20 1/2

Extension = 8 x 20 1/2

SD-DB.jpg

Kind of crazy to build fast like this. Let me know any quesions.

EDIT:

Here is an alternative assembly style for the box, full height/full length baffle:

External Enclosure Parts:

2 x Front & Back (3 parts) = 39 1/4 x 17

Left & Right Sides = 15 3/4 x 15 1/2

Top & Bottom = 39 1/4 x 15 3/4

Edited by Joe X

If you want to optimize you can round the inner corner at the port turn and add a 45 there to reduce turbulence.

You can do low displacement crossbracing top to bottom and front to back, and add other 45s where you deem necessary. If you want to do some major bracing let me know to account for it.

The picture you see is only there to help you understand how the parts assemble so doesn't show particular details nor actual dimensions. If you really think you need a more detailed model let me know.

Here's a box i designed for a single HDC3 15. make the baffle the whole height and width of the box, so that you have all perpendicular surfaces pushing against the baffle for support. it's stronger than just hoping the wood glue will hold it in place. i did a baffle like that on my first design and the it eventually came loose.

you've got more surface area for support as well. Instead of just two perpendicular surfaces (the port and the side of the box) you now have five (top, bottom, both sides, and port) to support it.

HDC315.png

also, if you put your sub in the middle of the box, it is more likely to use the whole box for resonating instead of just the port (may have unloading issues)

putting a 45 degree piece (of the appropriate size) or a quarter of a circular concrete form in the port will potentially help smooth airflow and reduce port noise (if any). it might even help you on the meter. however it is not required. i've done a couple boxes without them and they sounded fine. having enough port area is pretty key.

Feel free to ask me any questions. I really don't like the way this Joe X does it...

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.