Sonic Electronix

Im certain you will have some dimming on more aggressive bass notes but it wont be like you are driving without lights. Long bass notes are where you will see the voltage drop. Best thing to do IMO is upgrade the battery later to an appropriate D series XS power batt when the money is there.

For amps, again, i only use JL. You could either look down the kenwood route, or other similar brands to get some power for that type R, to keep cost low.

That advice is meant to be a joke right?

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

You can get a brand new or used DC Level 3 12" and something like a used AQ, or Fosgate amp (something that does rated power) and still have enough money left over to get an amp wiring kit and build a box, and still be under your budget!

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

Even if my alternator probably puts out only around 80amps? I don't want to have to worry about dimming, since I know if it happens after the big 3 you're pretty much screwed unless you get a new alt. Which is something I really want to avoid.

Id say get some HID's. Good way to stop dimming lights

Ahh didn't see your last post

Edited by Johny B

06 Chrysler 300

Pioneer avh-x8500bhs

Hertz Hsk 130.4

Alpine mrp-F600

2 Dc level 4 12s

Dc 2k

Viper 5901

SHCA wiring

KnuKonceptz RCA's

SecondSkin/Fatmat

Big 3-stock alt

You can get a brand new or used DC Level 3 12" and something like a used AQ, or Fosgate amp (something that does rated power) and still have enough money left over to get an amp wiring kit and build a box, and still be under your budget!

So far I'm really liking this. DC Level 3 is rated for 900 RMS which should be well under what could cause dimming and I'm sure will give plenty of bump. Regarding an amp. I'm guessing I need to buy an Amp rated higher than the sub since I doubt I'll find one rated for 900 RMS. In which case do I just turn the gains down, or how does that work?

Did anyone have any extra thoughts on the enclosure deal? I want to make sure I do this right.

Ahh didn't see your last post

:) Its nice to hear I've unintentionally done an upgrade that helps with dimming though.

Edited by Nums

06 Chrysler 300

Pioneer avh-x8500bhs

Hertz Hsk 130.4

Alpine mrp-F600

2 Dc level 4 12s

Dc 2k

Viper 5901

SHCA wiring

KnuKonceptz RCA's

SecondSkin/Fatmat

Big 3-stock alt

For amps, again, i only use JL. You could either look down the kenwood route, or other similar brands to get some power for that type R, to keep cost low.

That advice is meant to be a joke right?

He's not joking....

It'll cost you around $75.00 to build your own ported box. That's wood, glue screws, silicone.

Hit up someone who can get you a free basic box design to work off of. Just make sure you have your subwoofer(s) and amplifier chosen first because different drivers on different power are going to be looking for different box designs.

I just put together two 12" Kicker CVR's, an 800rms monoblock from MB Quart, and a cheap wiring kit today for a friend for $325.00. If you know where you are shopping you can put together something small and decent on a small budget.

As far as knowing a friend at a shop... Just buy online with your budget. It's not like you are going to get raped on any shipping charges on anything. And avoid anything JL Audio if you are trying to stick with $700.00. I believe they sell that JL 13.5W7 for something like $700.00 itself.

For budget look into Kicker, MB Quart, Hifonics, Audiopipe, ebay for wiring harnesses and dash kits.

For quality budget look for Sundown SA series, DC Audio level 3's, Fi ssd's or q's.

Just a few tips.

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

Yesterday i saw a ne ampmodel, matching perfect with this offer, sub´s+box http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/123519-2-skar-vvx-12s-custom-ported-box-special-35999-shipped/ Skar subs are known to be musicaly and grt loud + AP ASM 1500 http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-AUDIOPIPE-APSM1500-1500W-CLASS-D-CAR-AUDIO-AMPLIFIER-AMP-1500-WATT-APSM-1500-/300664834973?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item4601054b9d. Rest of your budget you can use for some

0/1 gauge wire, fusing and a vew sheet´s of sounddeadner.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley