L7 Solobaric Vs. Cvx

I have my opinion on this topic already, I think that since the square pushes more air it actually seems to be a larger speaker, so I think the 15" solobaric would outperform the 15" cvx given the same wattage and recommended freq port.

Am I correct???

this was written from a homie of mine, and I think another fella on here might hafvee told him this, but this is what he wrote..

Polecat I know u are in the system @ kicker and probably have done tests on this, so help me out so I can know who's right and who's wrong!!!

This is what was written which I dont entirely agree on..

Yea this cat told me that, thats why they not on any of the high end component sets. He also told me that the 6 1/2's would be better than the 6x9's, just like the CVX's are better than the solo barics. The solos might push more air, but the round speakers gonna pick-up and hit every note. Sound travels in a circular motion Wink ...........thats enough for today class..

I no longer live by tha sword, I'm living tha good life cuz I live it for the Lord. God is good, all tha time...

so his arguement was round speakers, put off round sound waves and square woofers, haev, square sound waves???

tell him to walk to a pond, throw in a square rock into the water, and see what happens. If it has square waves, go to the bar and drink as much as he wants, then send me the bill and I will pay for it.

If it has round waves, tell him to jump in the pond.

The added Sd, will give the L7 a slight advantage. But IMHO, the CVX sounds alot better sealed, over the L7, if small space, and more SQ is what you desire.

Behind every great man....is an underwear tag!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived