Second Skin Audio

Box Help

Jonesy33

Would it be better if I put the sub on the passenger side? I know that I'd like to have as much leg room as possible on the drives side. Unfortunately a console box is out of the question because I would want it to look more like a console than just a box.

My ported box behind my seat of my Reg cab Sierra('03) is 7" top depth and 10" bottom depth. I've got airspace AFTER port displacing of 2.00 cubes internal. So half of the box length gives 1 cube(which should be spec for that 10) and plenty of room left for a battery.

You may be a lot smaller than me. Lol

My ported box behind my seat of my Reg cab Sierra('03) is 7" top depth and 10" bottom depth. I've got airspace AFTER port displacing of 2.00 cubes internal. So half of the box length gives 1 cube(which should be spec for that 10) and plenty of room left for a battery.

You may be a lot smaller than me. Lol

I'm 6'2" dude. Unless you're Shaq-sized, you couldn't be much taller.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Do you still have the center jump seat in the truck? If you do, I don't know where you plan on putting amps. Btw, you need to rethink your box, under the trim panel under the rear window, you've got depth you're wasting(about 2-3"). Stay UNDER the trim panel and you've got more depth I promise :)

Do you still have the center jump seat in the truck? If you do, I don't know where you plan on putting amps. Btw, you need to rethink your box, under the trim panel under the rear window, you've got depth you're wasting(about 2-3"). Stay UNDER the trim panel and you've got more depth I promise :)

I'm 6'1" and I moved my seat to where it would fit and it was pretty uncomfortable.

Jump seat? Mine doubles as a console and a seat when folded up. I don't have the tools to take that trim off and I don't wana break it. Lol I was looking on youtube and ive seen it on SMD I don't know who to credit. But I think this would work better and Im getting to the point where I don't care about how comfy the passenger is as long as I have the seat still lol.

^^^that kind of box would work, but I'd do an L-port or a couple aero ports. You're new to this forum right? Ray on here(that's his username) had great luck with a box behind the seat and two 4" aero ports firing into the passenger B-pillar.

I couldn't find his box. Can you send me the link? What's an aero port? I'm not sure what to sketch or what to start from. If I could get a 3D design and some dimensions to get it tuned right I'd be set and build it tommorow assuming I do a L port.

^^^above the amp mounted on the sub box. The height on that box you see is 14". The full width between the B-pillar trim panels is 57" like you are aware of. I could give you an idea and tell you a cut sheet if you're really wanting to hang out a box this weekend. I do NOT do 3D shit though :(

Archived