Second Skin Audio

Need help choosing a sub

dcofer

So I am trying to pick a sub for a budget build for a co-worker.

The vehicle is kind of unique though, its a Jeep wrangler that is built mainly a crawler for use on the Rubicon and off roading, so the chance of water inside the vehicle.

The box will be sealed and fiberglass to prevent water from damaging the box, so what I am trying to find is a sub that is as water resistant as possible and wont be damaged in the case water does make its way into the tub. I am not sure how resilient some of the different types of cones and surrounds are affected by temporary water contact and could use any advice.

How about removing the sub before "possible water" play

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2004 GMC Yukon

2 Skar VVX 12s dual 4 ohm -/ 600 watts rms each

Hifonics hfi1000.1 mono block amp

3.75 cu ft box tuned to 32hz

Pioneer avh-p4000dvd in dash screen

Memphis 0 gauge wiring for power and ground

Bose highs and mids w/ Bose amp

!!Bass Heads Unite!!

Well that kind of defeats the purpose, its quite difficult to remove it on the trail =p the stereo is meant for use on the trail since that is 95% of the vehicles use

If water is that much of a factor don't go with a pressed paper cone.

Although honestly, even with the paper cone the foam surround will probably rot first.

Plastic cone with a rubber surround sounds like a good bet, or buy a marine grade woofer?

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

How about one of these?? Would sound good and be water "proof" lol probably not good for any speaker to get like drown in water but yeah lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alpine-SWR-M100-10-high-performance-marine-subwoofer-NEW-/260956011600?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc230bc50

92 Honda Prelude SI H23a3

HU: Alpine CDA-105

Front Stage: DB Drive PT6.0 6.5"

Rear Stage: Junk pioneers (Not sure what im wanting to do in the trunk, waiting)

Speaker Amp: DB Drive A4 4200

Sub Amp: MB Quart DSC1500.1

Subs: 2 12" MB Quart Premiums

Box: Slot port tuned to ~34hz

Wiring: Kicker Ultraflex 0awg and Big 3

Alt: Stock (saving for a 200amp Excessive Amperage)

Batteries: Optima Yellow Top and Stinger SPV44

Extra Equipment:

Two Rockford Fosgate T2 12's (Recones in future)

Kicker ZX1000.1

home_mbquart.jpg

Selling:

Hopefully it wont get submerged for a long period of time, but shit happens when river crossing haha. I will look into some of the marine subs, I dunno much about them and if any are decent.

Archived