Sundown Audio

4ch amp setting help

Mha

I have a hiffonics zeus 150.4. Most songs sound good but some sound like sh!t on the tweeter/voice parts. I think its the amp cause if I put the gains down to 0 and crank it up on just the stock bose it doesnt sound bad at all. As of now the amp is only running my comps in the kick panel.

My amp settings are:

Hi pass 10hz-15khz

Low pass 30hz-150hz

xover Switch has hi, full, or lp/bp

Whats each setting on the xover mean? The manuel didnt say much. And what should I put the hi and low pass at

The highpass setting means it will only send the frequencies OVER whatever you set it to, to your speaker. I,e if you set your highpass to 100hz it will only send frequencies of 100hz and upwards to your speaker.

The lowpass does the opposite, it only sends frequencies UNDER whatever you set it to. I,e if you set your lowpass to 100hz it will only send frequencies of 100hz and under to your speaker.

Tends to be you use highpass filters on your mids/tweeters. And you use a lowpass filter on your subs.

Set your amplifier to high pass, and set it around somewhere between 80hz-120hz, it varies depending on your speaker. You dont need to do anything to the lowpass as you're not using it.

Archived