TDH PT Loser! updates! *PICS!*

So what were the final specs of the 4th order??? Looks like alot of port.

gunna have to talk to cj on that one, i have em written down somewhere but idk off the top of my head, i think it ended up being 4cubes sealed (2 per chamber) and 12 ported, about 45hz with the port in(peaks around 33-35 in my car to my ear at least) and 60ish? with the port out, havent played with that to much

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

come on danny boy...you know the rules of SOTM...no bare boxes...this isnt like last month. it has to be at least 95% complete

fuck me sideways, i was planning on covering it sunday when i start my doors, im hoping to have them done by the SOTS show, my boys getting me a tweeter since cherrys a bitch and still hasent given me mine back, so its just gunna be 1 mid, 1 tweet per door

you're welcome... now lets get this finished and move onto my car.!!!

come on danny boy...you know the rules of SOTM...no bare boxes...this isnt like last month. it has to be at least 95% complete

fuck me sideways, i was planning on covering it sunday when i start my doors, im hoping to have them done by the SOTS show, my boys getting me a tweeter since cherrys a bitch and still hasent given me mine back, so its just gunna be 1 mid, 1 tweet per door

you're welcome... now lets get this finished and move onto my car.!!!

still gotta figure out what im doing to wrap this thing, i have some of that CF vinal from port that im going to try and do the inside of the port with, and the port face with carpet? idfk

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

Dont put anything on the inside of the port, it will hurt the airflow.

I dont remember the exact specs of the box, but there should be 16in2 of port per 1ft3 of ported chamber. It should be 2.25per sub sealed and 11.25 ported, so there would be 180in2 of port and tuned to 45hz.

even a "sticker" pretty much? lemme see if i can get a pic of the stuff i used at work real quick, i wanna do something with it, maybe the face, then paint it black? idk, and kev ive never had good luck painting my boxes, ONLY box i had luck with which i really liked was my first single 15 box, but that shits like 6$ a can for the flecstone stuff, and it took me 3 cans to get it the way i wanted with a box 1/3 the size lol

its this stuff cj http://www.carbonfiberfilm.com/

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

I used that to wrap my door pods and dash trim. Any type of texture in the port can hurt air flow. It might not be much, but it can hurt it. If you want to put it on the outside that is fine, but I would stick to paint for the inside of the port.

I used that to wrap my door pods and dash trim. Any type of texture in the port can hurt air flow. It might not be much, but it can hurt it. If you want to put it on the outside that is fine, but I would stick to paint for the inside of the port.

yeah idk how id seam the carpet to that stuff anyway...prob just use that stuff on the face, carpet the front of the box(gets my port a little more snug, and do something with everything else, i just dont wanna take the fucking thing out

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

so finnally got metered today, met my goal of a 145.6 sealed up on the dash with the port out, was werid tho cuz with the port in and at around 30hz i did a 45.5 O.O, but im happy, but the kicker is in the next few weeks/months im gunna be turning the box around,putting it up on a platform, and triming it off to wall it

mind you, that 45.6 is with LESS THEN 1000watts clamped! and im at 2ohms on my 3.5k eat that mother fuckers!

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

Archived