Sonic Electronix

Hello everyone I have a question I have 2 hifonics 2000d going to 2 12 in Memphis mojos and a hifonics 800 rms amp going to dd components..i was having really bad power drainage issues so I got a capacitor...which didn't do shit lol so I got a kinetik hc2000 battery under the hood that helped a little then I replaced my 90 amp alternator and had a 240amp built and that helped a little more but still I at idle almost instantly as I turn it up I go from 15 volts down to 11 sometimes 10 volts ...i was wondering what else I could do to help my power from draining so fast? Thanks

A cap can only help if you got the proper electrical to back it up. What kinda alternator did you get? We need to know this. Where are your amps grounded and how are your gains set? Everything secure as far as power wire? How are you monitoring the voltage?

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

have you done the big 3.does your H.O alt have a smaller overdrive pulley on it.alot of H.O alts wont put out much power at idle without a smaller pulley to make it spin faster to give you the juice you need at idle

Did you do the big 3?

^ Big three, possibly another battery in back, and run 0 gauge for wire. Should help with alot of the drainage. I'd avoid playing it at full tilt so you don't damage anything do this till you do the big three if you haven't or pick up another battery, XS would be your best bet.

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

I did the big 3 and I have 0 gauge running to the back all grounds are good and I had an alternator shop build me the alternator he put a smaller pulley on it to help me get more amps at idle

is the shop you had build your alt trustworthy and dependable.just beacause someone says it will put 240amps doesnt mean it truely will

Where are your grounds grounded to? I'm wondering if that alternator isn't doing anything at idle... Bring the RPMS up and see if you still get mad drop. Also what about your amp gains.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/