My First Vented Box~Let Me Know What You Think

a circular port, for example heres my first ported box i built. you can order an aeroport that you can just screw on i just used the carpet roll tube cardboard its pretty sturdy and was the exact diameter i needed.

0425012101.jpg

car001.jpg

ver good!

92 Prelude

9.5ft^3 Wall at 33hz

2 15" Soundstream XXX

2 SSL EV5000D at 1ohm each

1 600 watt pioneer 4 chan

4 American Bass SQ 5x7

2 American Bass SQ 6.5

2 Robot Underground Gonzo 6.5

Dual XDVD8281 deck

Soundstream MPQ-4US equalizer

2 Optima Yellow Tops

175 amp HO Alt

Big 3

0ga all around

100% Built by me on extremely tight budget.

i diggit! it definitely looks better than my first attempt. as far as your port goes, personally i'd do an external one. in your case, i'd do a slot port on the same face as the sub. probably 2.5-3" by the maximum possible width. and as far as tuning goes, 35hz is a pretty good median for all music. thats where i personally keep my systems at. let me know if you need help with anything and i'll do what i can.

92 Prelude

9.5ft^3 Wall at 33hz

2 15" Soundstream XXX

2 SSL EV5000D at 1ohm each

1 600 watt pioneer 4 chan

4 American Bass SQ 5x7

2 American Bass SQ 6.5

2 Robot Underground Gonzo 6.5

Dual XDVD8281 deck

Soundstream MPQ-4US equalizer

2 Optima Yellow Tops

175 amp HO Alt

Big 3

0ga all around

100% Built by me on extremely tight budget.

you can get one here <a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=268-352" rel="nofollow external" title="External link">http://www.parts-exp...tnumber=268-352</a> , but it all depends on your box volume and port diameter and port length on what tuning you want so you have to play with it on the torres calc to get the desired tuning.

great explanation thank you.

<br />

i diggit! it definitely looks better than my first attempt. as far as your port goes, personally i'd do an external one. in your case, i'd do a slot port on the same face as the sub. probably 2.5-3" by the maximum possible width. and as far as tuning goes, 35hz is a pretty good median for all music. thats where i personally keep my systems at. let me know if you need help with anything and i'll do what i can.

yh i was messing around last night with some calc and figured i would do a 2" wide vent thats the width of the box,15" and goes 11" down. and that will get me at 37hz, tunning is by far the hardest part about making a box

snapback.pngHatersGonnaHate, on 19 August 2012 - 06:06 PM, said:

snapback.pngCrandis16, on 19 August 2012 - 03:23 PM, said:

Vids or unsub

Shut your vagina.

a circular port, for example heres my first ported box i built. you can order an aeroport that you can just screw on i just used the carpet roll tube cardboard its pretty sturdy and was the exact diameter i needed.

0425012101.jpg

car001.jpg

one important note on this example. see how close the port is to the back wall of the box? it needs to be at least the diameter of the port. so if its a 4" port, the port needs to be at least 4" away from that wall.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

For quick and dirty, the re audio box calc isn't too bad either. Not very in depth, but a good start.

1989 Chevy Beretta

My Gear

HU- Kenwood KIV-701

Amp- Alpine PDX 600.1M this will change in the very near future

Sub- 10" JL W6V2 in H.O box, will be W6V3 when released, I'm ready for the trolling XD

Speakers- 6 1/2 Memphis PR component custom door mount, 4" Memphis Coax PR in dash, 5 1/4 Memphis Coax in rear deck, upgrade soon. 3-Way C5 in front, rear deck unknown yet

Power Wire- Memphis 1/0 AWG to StreetWires fused +/- distro, Memphis 4 AWG out, plus 4 AWG Big 3

RCA's- StreetWires ZN3 2 Chan/ ZN5 4 Chan + StreetWires 9 Conductor, All this is going to Memphis UTPF soon enough

CompuStar Alarm/Remote Start 2 way with 901 remote.

I know I'm forgetting stuff too

139.4 term lab on the glass vented. 44Hz

For quick and dirty, the re audio box calc isn't too bad either. Not very in depth, but a good start.

yh thats what i used

Vids or unsub

Shut your vagina.

IT IS DONE!!!! took awhile but is was well worth it, no vid yet gotta find a good song first any suggestions???

IMG_0238.jpg

Getting in the hole to spray it

IMG_0239.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg