Sonic Electronix

Im about to do a system in my new car but before I do I want to know every which and way to prevent engine noise as much as possible

It's going in a Pontiac g8

The battery is already in the trunk so would I be better to ground my amps straight to the battery or somewhere else?

And being a new Pontiac ill have to intergrade the gear in I was planning on using the alpine hxe-660 just because it's looks simple and user friendly to set up and using knukoncepts wire and RCA's with Rockford amps

And when I'm doin the big 3 should I ad a ground wire to the case of the alternator or would I just be wasting my time

I plan on having the alpine oem and Rockford amps in the trunk just so I can try my best to avoid the cars factory wiring loom

Any help on this guys

Cheers

Liam

there is rca driven filters you can also ground rca's make sure you run rca's on opposite side of the power wire stay far away from that power mixed with frequency=no good also make sure all grounds are good even under the hood and headunit must be grounded well most people using pioneer will ground straight to frame/body if instead of the wiring harness. pioneer are notorious for engine noise. there is probably more ways out there but those are the ones i know.

Archived