Some housings are worse than others for glare. My f150's housings are actually pretty sick. The cutoff is nice.

But still, it does blind ppl to a certain extent. If you have them aimed low its not so bad. Ppl just like to cry a lot. OMG HE HAS DIFFERENT LOOKING LIGHTS!!! BLASPHEMY!! I WILL HIGH BEAM HIS A$$!!

But on the other hand, if you want to see far... they did invent high beams for a reason (assuming projectors can be used for high beams as well)

I've seen an F150 with HID's in the reflector housing. My buddy has them. They blind the shit outta me, but he too, doesn't want to listen to reason and thinks all those people are high-beaming him because of the blue. They're not...they're high-beaming him because they can't fucking see.

[edit] it's worse on a truck because the lights are mounted higher than a car.

"Cheap, good or fast. You can only pick two out of three."

"Have money? Love story! No money? I'm sorry."

i can prove it with my eyes. i dont need no fucking google article to tell me that.

That doesn't help anyone looking for factual information, unfortunately.

edit: notice how speed limit signs are reflective? yeah, when a car with projectors passes by one, the sign doesnt even so much as shine until the driver hits a pot hole or something and causes the front end to lift up. with stock housings, the light scatter is more prominent, allowing you to see the sign without hitting said pot hole. i notice this every single time i drive at night.

This happens when the projector cut-off is not designed properly. A properly designed cutoff will illuminate overhead and roadside signs correctly. In other words, don't buy cheap shit.

define cheap shit so i dont buy it.

give me sources

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

i can prove it with my eyes. i dont need no fucking google article to tell me that.

edit: notice how speed limit signs are reflective? yeah, when a car with projectors passes by one, the sign doesnt even so much as shine until the driver hits a pot hole or something and causes the front end to lift up. with stock housings, the light scatter is more prominent, allowing you to see the sign without hitting said pot hole. i notice this every single time i drive at night.

This happens when the projector cut-off is not designed properly. A properly designed cutoff will illuminate overhead and roadside signs correctly. In other words, don't buy cheap shit.

so you're telling me $50,000 infinity's are cheap shit? LMFAO okay buddy, you keep thinking that.

you're the only one wanting "factual information" because you're so hard pressed on being right and you want to prove everyone else wrong. so you scour google for "stock housing vs projector" or whatever, and copy paste every link you find that was made by some 50 year old guy in his basement that proclaims to be some scientist.

My source is personal experience. Drive with and without projectors and you will see the difference.

A good fix would be to get housings with projectors for the lowbeams and then halogen highs.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

define cheap shit so i dont buy it.

give me sources

Touché :D I'm not here to pimp any companies.

then quit with all your talking

i just want to be able to see really well and have black housings. thats all

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

You want to see well? 4300 or 5000k's with 55w ballasts. Done

already have those

now i just need black housings

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

so you're telling me $50,000 infinity's are cheap shit? LMFAO okay buddy, you keep thinking that.

you're the only one wanting "factual information" because you're so hard pressed on being right and you want to prove everyone else wrong. so you scour google for "stock housing vs projector" or whatever, and copy paste every link you find that was made by some 50 year old guy in his basement that proclaims to be some scientist.

I don't care about being right; like I said before, I'm open to changing my opinion. The G35 I used to drive didn't exhibit this behavior, and if it did, it would not have been allowed to be sold in the US due to the standards for vehicle luminance. http://www.sae.org/images/books/toc_pdfs/HS-34_2010.pdf

My source is personal experience. Drive with and without projectors and you will see the difference.

A good fix would be to get housings with projectors for the lowbeams and then halogen highs.

This is what I roll with on my car.

then quit with all your talking

i just want to be able to see really well and have black housings. thats all

The housing being black wont affect the light at all with projectors.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Archived