OMG a vs thread...

but seriously i want to see the difference. side by side. stock housings vs projector

on the road

some people have told me that projectors seem to have less output than stocks. Before i spend $200 on some lights i want to make sure i will like them

go

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Good projectors have better output. Sorry I'm on mobile and don't know how to edit post

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

i LOVE mine. it made my whole car look new again... im hella lazy to take pics right now.. around 200 aswell... they came with the hids and all..6000k

edit: my projectors aim directly below the windowline of the car infront of me, straigt line on a way, looks sick... i hate those brightass hids with sun damage stock housings blinding people !

In the first post of Scooter's UBL, he put up some comparison pics of his stock headlights and the projectors he made. The projectors look to throw off more light than the stockers, that's for sure.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/119235-06-civic-build-performance-and-audio-ubl/page__p__1677125__fromsearch__1#entry1677125

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Projectors have better light output than reflector types, because they use HID bulbs. Using HID bulbs in reflector housings will generate more output, (because the bulb is brighter) but WILL BLIND OTHER DRIVERS ON THE ROAD. This is dangerous for other drivers, and will result in people flashing their high beams at you because they can't see.

Projectors have a cut off preventing the very bright HID light bulbs from creating this type of glare.

You should NEVER run HID bulbs in a reflector housing.

If you want better light output, buy a projector and fit it with a 4300k temperature bulb. 4300k is the same temperature light as daylight and will give you the best output.

"Cheap, good or fast. You can only pick two out of three."

"Have money? Love story! No money? I'm sorry."

This thread over here has a great write up on the comparison between projectors with HID bulbs and reflector type (stock) lights.

http://www.club3g.com/forum/show-shine/119069-hid-basics-thread-read-first-before-asking-about-them.html

Projectors have better light output than reflector types, because they use HID bulbs. Using HID bulbs in reflector housings will generate more output, (because the bulb is brighter) but WILL BLIND OTHER DRIVERS ON THE ROAD. This is dangerous for other drivers, and will result in people flashing their high beams at you because they can't see.

this can be helped by aiming the housings down

Here is another article:

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/Hid/conversions/conversions.html

The most dangerous part of the attempt to "retrofit" Xenon headlamps is that sometimes you get a deceptive and illusory "improvement" in the performance of the headlamp. The performance of the headlamp is perceived to be "better" because of the much higher level of foreground lighting (on the road immediately in front of the car). However, the beam patterns produced by this kind of "conversion" virtually always give less distance light, and often an alarming lack of light where there's meant to be a relative maximum in light intensity. The result is the illusion that you can see better than you actually can, and that's not safe.

It's tricky to judge headlamp beam performance without a lot of knowledge, a lot of training and a lot of special equipment, because subjective perceptions are very misleading. Having a lot of strong light in the foreground, that is on the road close to the car and out to the sides, is very comforting and reliably produces a strong impression of "good headlights". The problem is that not only is foreground lighting of decidedly secondary importance when travelling much above 30 mph, but having a very strong pool of light close to the car causes your pupils to close down, worsening your distance vision...all the while giving you this false sense of security. This is to say nothing of the massive amounts of glare to other road users and backdazzle to you, the driver, that results from these "retrofits".

Archived