how do the Kicker door speakers sound like compared to the RFs

2003 VW Jetta Wagon AA Mayhem 15's Flatline BA2 2 XS D3100's in rear Shuriken BT80 under hood

Mike Singer 250A SHCA and KnuKonceptz wire Big 4+

AQ / Dayton pro mids+monsoon tweets

My Build : http://www.stevemead...35#entry1989435

Hey man, saw you were looking for a High output alternator, you know the PT alternator is about 140 watt, compared to our stock 90 watt, and it's a direct bolt-in affair. 140 watts is pretty darn good, unless you're looking for a lot more.

Edit: Also wanted to add, that any PT or neon (excluding PT GT or SRT4) alternator will fit both DOHC and SOHC cars. There's a big write-up about high output alternators on the pt forums, it's easy to find too.

Edited by ChrisAllen

Sweet, I didn't think there was another neon owner here. I have a coupe, no offense but I hate 4 doors. Looks like you've done some good stuff, can't wait to see more!

Well having kids I kinda need a 4 door, I do plan on however walling it after we get another van(last one got totaled)

how do the Kicker door speakers sound like compared to the RFs

Suck suck suck. Well the kickers are not bad they are nothing like the RF's. Had to many clearance issues so I moved on. Thinking about glassing some new door panels this summer and going back to an actual mid range driver instead of the coax.

Hey man, saw you were looking for a High output alternator, you know the PT alternator is about 140 watt, compared to our stock 90 watt, and it's a direct bolt-in affair. 140 watts is pretty darn good, unless you're looking for a lot more.

Edit: Also wanted to add, that any PT or neon (excluding PT GT or SRT4) alternator will fit both DOHC and SOHC cars. There's a big write-up about high output alternators on the pt forums, it's easy to find too.

Mike Singer makes a 190 amp alt for it, I'm saving up some spare change for that as we speak.

I might for now get a pt alt then if they have a 140 bolt on that I can use.(I heard that you have to change out brackets and other stuff for them)

The one that's in it now is only 80, and being 15 year old stock alt I'm sure it puts nowhere near that anymore.

But thank you for letting me know the PT alt's will fit there, I've heard they do, along time ago but not much info on the neon forums about that.

Since most people do weight reduction for increased gas mileage. And not many have larger systems in the neons.

Click here to visit my UBL!

My feedback thread.